Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'll be out of town and my TiVo unit won't record the odd high band cable channel that Charter has placed Versus on, so I'll be depending on y'all for the real scoop on this race.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerFF
    I'll be out of town and my TiVo unit won't record the odd high band cable channel that Charter has placed Versus on, so I'll be depending on y'all for the real scoop on this race.
    I'll be at the track but I'll try and update as soon as possible with my laptop.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see Rahal listed with a sponsor called National Tire and Battery. What happened to his diet drink sponsor?
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booger
    I see Rahal listed with a sponsor called National Tire and Battery. What happened to his diet drink sponsor?
    He still has QuickTrim as well.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Its not built for cars of ANY type.

Its a motorcycle track.

Its too bad there are so many obviously inadequate racing venues in this series. If you want to race on road and street circuits, you have to do better then some of these one lane tracks, that aren't suitable for race cars.
    Ya...it wasn't built for cars, they just call it Mid Ohio SPORTSCAR Course to fool people like you ...but clever you, you are not fooled.

Really Scott, why don't you just not comment on road racing at all....

I will say I don't like Mid Ohio as much as some tracks but it isn't horrible either...talented guys can pass there. Unlike oval racing at places like Texas where setups mean everything....in s tight twister like this one, it rewards those with skill. God knows we wouldn't want THAT to be a factor now would we?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just watched the 1992 Mid-Ohio race.

So many cool things about this video. The quality is great - the onboard camera shots really show how much raw power those cars had - if you listen closely, you can hear Andretti's tires scrubbing through the turns and the skidplate bottoming out.

Also, Little Al's pass on Mario was pretty awesome, as was the crowd's response. Nothing like that today

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coogmaster
    Just watched the 1992 Mid-Ohio race.

So many cool things about this video. The quality is great - the onboard camera shots really show how much raw power those cars had - if you listen closely, you can hear Andretti's tires scrubbing through the turns and the skidplate bottoming out.

Also, Little Al's pass on Mario was pretty awesome, as was the crowd's response. Nothing like that today
    +1 Watched clips of it the other day...so true and so sad when you look at what we have today in comparison.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    +1 Watched clips of it the other day...so true and so sad when you look at what we have today in comparison.
    We had King Hiro and now we have Milka. Even the backmarkers aren't what they used to be.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Ya...it wasn't built for cars, they just call it Mid Ohio SPORTSCAR Course to fool people like you ...but clever you, you are not fooled.

It was built for sports cars 30 or 40 years ago.

Indy Cars have LONG ago outgrown this track. Way too narrow.

Its a motorcycle track now.

BTW, Jay Howard needs to hit the road. He is a joke. I'd say we'll never see him again after Chicago. SFR needs a much better 2nd driver, then that joker.

Who is that guy in 7th spot in the first practice session? He is some Colombian or Australian, right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    It was built for sports cars 30 or 40 years ago.

Indy Cars have LONG ago outgrown this track. Way too narrow.

Its a motorcycle track now.

BTW, Jay Howard needs to hit the road. He is a joke. I'd say we'll never see him again after Chicago. SFR needs a much better 2nd driver, then that joker.

Who is that guy in 7th spot in the first practice session? He is some Colombian or Australian, right?
    Actually, JR Hildebrand finished in 7th and he is from California. You might have heard about him last year when he won the Indy Lights championship. In your book, I guess that achievement makes him a joker like his predecessor Jay Howard, who had mechanical problems in this session, by the way.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”