Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is stupid, how can a car become a factory supported machine just cos its faster that the other independants? This is basically the FIA saying they don't want talent in the Independants class....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    This is stupid, how can a car become a factory supported machine just cos its faster that the other independants? This is basically the FIA saying they don't want talent in the Independants class....
    I don't believe they're classifying him as 'factory' just not 'independent' either.

i.e. He is scoring points for himself in the driver's championship only, and eBay Motors in the teams championship only.

EDIT - Looknig at the points given out for BMW in race two today, with 43 points they've clearly added together Priaulx and Turkington's points. How is this really working? Are BMW paying Turkington's entry fees now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySpeed
    I don't believe they're classifying him as 'factory' just not 'independent' either.

i.e. He is scoring points for himself in the driver's championship only, and eBay Motors in the teams championship only.
    He still now has to compete with the factory cars just to make himself known in terms of points though....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts

EDIT - Looknig at the points given out for BMW in race two today, with 43 points they've clearly added together Priaulx and Turkington's points. How is this really working? Are BMW paying Turkington's entry fees now?
    And if he really is no longer an independent, are BMW now supporting him and WSR?

Saying that, a big well done to both Colin and WSR, the WTCC is were they should be!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Should" he? I don't think he should have ever been given so many points in the first place. The FIA WTCC got it wrong
    Yes he should, the points system was crap but anyone of those other independents could have taken advantage in the way Colin Turkington did but they were not good enough.

Interesting to note, Colin Turkington was award 1 point for race 1 at Brno in the independents' championship, was this because he was the highest independent in qualifying which took place before he got removed from the independents' championship?

They go on the top two of each manufacturer that finish whether they be works, privateer or Colin Turkington.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.