Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Force India reprimanded after tyre bungle

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/Mot...er-tyre-bungle
    Force India were reprimanded by stewards at the German Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday after mixing up their drivers’ tyres.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Schoolboy errors! But it was a genuine mess up and not an attempt to cheat so it's right they should only get a warning.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Schoolboy errors! But it was a genuine mess up and not an attempt to cheat so it's right they should only get a warning.
    Agreed. But on a conected(ish) note, FI do seem to have lost their way somewhat. They started the season as 4th or 5th best, settled into 6th best and are now plumeting down the order. The loss of key personel seems to have hurt them badly.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Moreover, they effectively gave themselves a stop/go penalty in rectifying the error. (Whereas it can be presumed that certain other teams would have chanced their arms and kept going on the wrong tyres...)

Punishing them on top of their self-imposed punishment would have been especially harsh...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't realise he went out with a mixture of tyres. I could understand 2 of each but not one odd one.
    I suppose the reprimand was because they did rectify it. If they hadn't the punishment would have been worse (hopefully)
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    No Way!! they should be made to pay!! wheel change penalty 20 times
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 682 Times in 478 Posts
    It's only fair that they pay the price. After all, we all know that the biggest cheating in the race was the Force India tire issue!

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    The only person I have sympathy for is Adrian Sutil.

He is quick, he HAS to overdrive and push to the limit all the time for that rubbish of a team.

Renault ought to SNAP him up and give him a chance in a car alongside a fine driver.

Petrov is clearly wasted in the car at this stage. But this is also an indictment of f1 because Petrov does deserve to be in f1 - without testing and in cars made so radically uniform in so many ways it is extremely difficult for a driver to shine quickly.

Two f1 drivers that performed equally well in their first two years in f1, Jacques Villeneuve and Lewis Hamilton, came in at a time when they could AND DID test for thousands of miles.

The problem with f1 is that we are losing good drivers because of the regulations.

Uncle Ken used to say that a driver only becomes an f1 driver after three seasons. Nowadays maybe that is too long because everything has speeded up.

But branding drivers as "no good" when in their debut f1 racing year they are maybe 300th of s econd [!!!!!] slower than an experienced teammate - and this happened to Nelsihno Piquet for example - is just ridiculous.

I can only imagine how many drivers we have enjoyed down the years would have been sunk had the reulations been so foolhardy and rigid.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Moreover, they effectively gave themselves a stop/go penalty in rectifying the error. (Whereas it can be presumed that certain other teams would have chanced their arms and kept going on the wrong tyres...)

Punishing them on top of their self-imposed punishment would have been especially harsh...
    Even reprimanding them seems totally unnecessary. It's not like they got an advantage by messing up their pitstop and having to pit again. Waste of time by the stewards/FIA or whoever.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty