Page 343 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 2432933333413423433443453533934438431343 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 14986
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido
    Toyota executive spokesman, Mr Yamashina was quoted today in an online news service here in Japan as saying that Toyota would announce details of its return to international motor sport activities, next month. The author of the article believed that this would not be a return to F1, but is highly likely to be a WRC and WTCC programme.
    I almost screamed when I saw the headline of the news on Yahoo Japan because the article was titled "Toyota to Return to the Racing Scenes in WRC" although the article itself only say WRC is most likely Considering they own a large share of Subaru, I think a return in the name of Subaru is also possible. Impreza or Celica.... I will welcome back either way.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    Wish it could be. That particular racing company is really close of going out of business.
    That is why I said this, Tommi said IF no NEW project is found soon he would call it a day....
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    That is why I said this, Tommi said IF no NEW project is found soon he would call it a day....
    Now I understand why some finns are so activly defending the replacement of WRC1.6T by a NEW category (R4)...

Yet this growing rumour of Toyota possible return on WRC would be great to came truth!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The FIA World Rally Commission is thinking of replacing the Junior WRC into a
    1 brand Academy. Four companies have submitted their offers for the supply of cars . Observers assume that this is M -Sport, Ralliart Italy , Honda and Mazda. The vehicles will come in six European rallies used.

This newly created Academy is to replace the Star Driver program, which will end this year , as financier Pirelli no longer supports the series. The FIA hopes that Academy will costs 50 percent of the Junior World Cup.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/pwrc-...mie/index.html
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    1 brand Academy. Four companies have submitted their offers for the supply of cars . Observers assume that this is M -Sport, Ralliart Italy , Honda and Mazda. The vehicles will come in six European rallies used.

This newly created Academy is to replace the Star Driver program, which will end this year , as financier Pirelli no longer supports the series. The FIA hopes that Academy will costs 50 percent of the Junior World Cup.

I made an interview to Marc De Jong, from North One, last week for my magazine Rally Emotion (www.rallyemotion.it) and they're thinking to make a proper one-make series like GP2 or F2. It will be available in next issue, at the end of this month.

I've also talked with Fiesta SportingTrophy 2006 winner Alessandro Bettega, former JWRC runner Stefano Albertini and Power Car Team owner, Fabio Munaretto (which gave Clio S1600 to Patrik Sandell and others).

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids

monopolies never end well in WRC....or they attract useless competitors with nothing to offer...Fiestra trophy, the useless evo 10 pirelli thing ects are prime examples...Manufacturers need competition. the JWRC was an amazing series when it started and for some years but the cost of the cars went out of hand and then it became an attraction only for rich useless kiddies. same like the s2000 will end in 3-5 years time.

In my opinion the FIA needs to standarize car entries in WRC events...for example only WRCs, s2000, N4 are allowed all other cups and privateers keep their energy for their villages or get a car to comply with the regulations and run.

People need to realize that this is not the 80s 90s....the sport evolves and it needs to go with the flow....and if you are one of those romantic kind of rally guys get your girlfriend and go watch a sunset and leave WRC alone...or watch local village rally series.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    According to some russian sources from the Baja Aragon (Spanish round of the FIA International Cup for Cross-Country Bajas), which is currently being held in Saragoza, the boss of X-Raid BMW Sven Quandt made an offer to Marcus Gronholm to drive for the team in the upcoming Dakar marathon...
    PS: I know that Marcus has always said he's not interested in such a dangerous event as Dakar, but still...
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    According to some russian sources from the Baja Aragon (Spanish round of the FIA International Cup for Cross-Country Bajas), which is currently being held in Saragoza, the boss of X-Raid BMW Sven Quandt made an offer to Marcus Gronholm to drive for the team in the upcoming Dakar marathon...
    PS: I know that Marcus has always said he's not interested in such a dangerous event as Dakar, but still...
    ... And Peterhansel said to portuguese press that Gronholm is not what X-Raid need! mokin:
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    ... And Peterhansel said to portuguese press that Gronholm is not what X-Raid need! mokin:
    Thanks for the info, JAM!
    I think that in some way Peter is right - Marcus could be very good in Bajas or fast rally-raids, but in Dakar, when driving "by eyes", not by "ears", I'm not sure he'd be that good.
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not my kind of sport.. Could'nt care less.. I think Marcus is still to young and quick for it..
    Never give up...