View Poll Results: Who's to blame: Vettel, Webber, both, or is it just a racing incident?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vettel

93 74.40%
  • Webber

10 8.00%
  • Both

19 15.20%
  • Just a racing incident

3 2.40%
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I saw the article, but in the interview Horner rather evaded this question, than deny that they blame Mark.
    The first paragraph in that article is pure opinion as well as the title of the article.....

At no point does he say "It's completely Vettel's fault" as the title seems to suggest, all he does is say that they pinned too much of the blame on Webber.

This is pisspoor journalism. Tbh Horner hasn't changed his worlds all that much, but the media has changed from "OMFG he's blaming it on Webber!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!" to "OMG LOL now he's blaming it on Vettel like we said he should!l!" when all Horner's done has gone from saying that he believes Webber to be mainly at fault to saying that he thinks it's more along the lines of a 50:50 accident or perhaps even going towards giving Seb a little more of the blame.

Pissweak sensationalist journalism at its best.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    How many world wars have you fought against Australia?
    thats only cos we're too lazy to go all the way over there to have a fight!
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Too true

It was a tongue in cheek remark against some of the childish claims by some members but perhaps understandable how it can be misunderstood. Sorry.

Too often it's the easy way out to blame bias rather than acknowledge reality

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Helmut Marko and the whole Red Bull team has to protect their investment, the chosen one, the golden boy, the wunderkid, the next Schumi. This accident has exposed how obvious it is that he is nr.1 guy in that team.
    Perfect explanation of the situation in the following link.

http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/2842

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84073

Making it as obvious as possible without actually saying it, that vettel was to blame.

Here are some pictures for you.

You know, it is getting quite laughable that some people are still saying this is not 100% vettels fault. Show some objectivity. I know your ego is not letting you backtrack on your comments, but some people are really looking quite silly.
    Great pics, thanks- can't believe that the team initially blamed Webber, what a joke.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Great pics, thanks- can't believe that the team initially blamed Webber, what a joke.
    All the last photo shows is the result of the tire to tire contact pulling the front of vettel's car towards webber, as vettel's car begins to spin out of control.

if you look carefully in photo 4, you will see vettel has already turned his front wheels away from webber's path to correct the slide
    (probably instinctive response to the slide)

at best misleading, and at worst, dishonest.

the only thing silly is how some people view this string of photos as showing the accident is vettel's fault
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Don't get into this argument. Historically the British don't mind going anywhere as long as there's money in it for them
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    How many world wars have you fought against Australia?
    The Bodyline series was the first; not sure how many since.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Maybe this video shows it abit clearer and shows the direction change by Vettel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFnvLMOsKHw

I don't see why Webber was obliged to give Seb anymore room, and people have said that Vettel changed direction because he wanted to enter the breaking zone on the clean side of the track. Tough, because Webber was there and had every right to be there. This is racing and if Vettel decides to overtake on the inside heading into a corner, he either has to learn to get past the other driver first before deciding which part of the track he wishes to be on, or he breaks earlier like anyone else who made that decision. Face it guys, he fooked it up and the vast majority of fans, ex/current racing drivers direct the blame firmly at him. Even Red Bull have changed their statements due to the overwhelming publicity through media outlets and fans voicing their support for Webber.

THANKS

I Looked again and WHAT DOES IT SHOW??

WEBBER TURNING HIS WHEEL TOWARD VETTEL and then the contact. It also shows that unlike Vettel, Webber had full view of the placement of his car and Vettel, as once he is in front, he can not readily see to the side, not nearly as good as Webber.

This vid shows where vettel turns his wheel slightly towards Webber, then continues straight without contact or even having webber in the view of the camera, then turning his steering away from webber as the contact is made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elpTV...eature=related

it also shows that webber forced vettel unto the white line and then moved away as though conceding the pass........

the next video at the 8 second mark as Vettel passes, webber moves his steering wheel away from vettel as though moving over, but then stops it, holds it straight as the wheels are becoming interlocked, and then turns the steering into Vettel and then the contact occurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMWc...eature=related

And at the 8 second mark, webber can clearly see, unlike Vettel, that the two wheels are becoming interlocked, and then right at the 9-10 second mark, he turns his steering wheel wheel into Seb, and at ten second mark to 11 second mark, the game is over, with tire smoke and all......

I take it all back when I gave ole chopper the benefit of the doubt and said racing incident.

The chopper chopped into the side of Vettel, by actually moving his steering wheel towards Vettel to ensure the contact, contact that Webber knew was likely to happen without any attempt at an evasive manuever......

So I take back my doubts and say:

Face guys, once again,
    WEBBER IS A CHEATER CHOPPER , ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE

and no amount of sales revenue for Red Cow, will ever change that

Here's to you, Mr. Henners, a toast of the good stuff....but not no red bull....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly

THANKS

I Looked again and WHAT DOES IT SHOW??

WEBBER TURNING HIS WHEEL TOWARD VETTEL and then the contact. It also shows that unlike Vettel, Webber had full view of the placement of his car and Vettel, as once he is in front, he can not readily see to the side, not nearly as good as Webber.

This vid shows where vettel turns his wheel slightly towards Webber, then continues straight without contact or even having webber in the view of the camera, then turning his steering away from webber as the contact is made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elpTV...eature=related

it also shows that webber forced vettel unto the white line and then moved away as though conceding the pass........

the next video at the 8 second mark as Vettel passes, webber moves his steering wheel away from vettel as though moving over, but then stops it, holds it straight as the wheels are becoming interlocked, and then turns the steering into Vettel and then the contact occurs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygMWc...eature=related

And at the 8 second mark, webber can clearly see, unlike Vettel, that the two wheels are becoming interlocked, and then right at the 9-10 second mark, he turns his steering wheel wheel into Seb, and at ten second mark to 11 second mark, the game is over, with tire smoke and all......

I take it all back when I gave ole chopper the benefit of the doubt and said racing incident.

The chopper chopped into the side of Vettel, by actually moving his steering wheel towards Vettel to ensure the contact, contact that Webber knew was likely to happen without any attempt at an evasive manuever......

So I take back my doubts and say:

Face guys, once again,
    WEBBER IS A CHEATER CHOPPER , ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE

and no amount of sales revenue for Red Cow, will ever change that

Here's to you, Mr. Henners, a toast of the good stuff....but not no red bull....
    I've watched that video... you're on drugs.

Webber DID move toward Vettel early then moved back and gave him racing room.

Webber then travelled absolutely straight and held his line. Vettel got nervous and started to push Webber out.

Webber didn't budge.

Vettel pushed Webber further right as his wheels collided with Webber. You can clearly see Webber steer away from Vettel just as it's about to happen but it was too late.

It's really simple. Webber gave space and a lane, Vettel needed to be good enough to travel down that lane then pull it up and take the corner at a tight apex. Others would have done this no problems at all.

Vettel flinched. He got scared and turned into Webber. The entire F1 world see's it this way. The only reason the team don't and are yelling MOVE MOVE is because they want their blonde haired marketing machine to the World Champion.

As Autosport said.... Webbers current purple patch and find of speed is quite inconvenient.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".