Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    I think it's just a shame so many empty seats were in turn 3, that's one of the sweet spots where you can see half the track.
    I resent that!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought you would take it as a compliment.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    Only change I have for you is that Conway was ahead of Wilson when the wreck happened. He likely would've stayed in front of Justin.

You are right. Reverse Conway with Wilson.

Kanaan may have actually had the best Andretti finish, had it stayed green. Likely about 6th or 7th (if he could have held off Rahal).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    A turning point? Why because IZOD paid Jack Nicholson and Marky Mark to come to the race (and both acted like asses, I am told).

Why? The ratings haven't improved. Sponsors aren't coming back. American drivers are becoming endangered species. The bleachers today had way, way too many empty spots.

Indy Car still has a REALLY long way to go.

Granted not every sponsor is coming back (many are locked into present commitments by exclusive agreements) but sponsors ARE being added. Less percentage of empty seats than at many of the excessively hearlded suckcar series. RHR is American & has the series sponsor on his sideboards. Danica is the most recognized racer in America today. So on and so forth. Then add in this exciting, emotional conclusion to the 2010 Indy 500 and all you come away with is piss and vinager? Is this Robin Miller or Dave Despain I'm addressing here?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rats, I just realized how much I missed Milwaukee being the week after Indy...oh well. Sounds like RHR tore ligaments in his thumb during pit road contact. Having surgery tomorrow so we'll see how well that works out for Texas.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Fuel economy races are boring
    Why? Don't you like it when drivers have to lift?
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, here's the deal on RHR's day:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKnrC2uCTcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lKnrC2uCTcE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From DR&R's twitter feed:
    We can confirm that Mike was awake and alert after the accident, has a broken leg, and was airlifted to Methodist due to traffic concerns.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    I think everyone in the top 10 was running very low, and if it wasn't RHR at that moment, someone else would have run out b4 the end and likely caused a caution. I do think Franchitti could have made it however.
    After the race was over, it occurred to me that Ganassi was banking on someone running out before the checkers and the race would end under yellow. They knew how far everyone else could run and it was a sure bet. With all of the teams making fuel economy gambles, someone was going to lose. All of the AA cars were in big trouble, but I doubt anyone expected the wreck when RHR ran out.

Fuel economy races are a part of racing, but it was a very weird "race" at the end. The results certainly don't show how people ran all day.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    I don't see how you can dismiss Kansas as a bad race, and at the same time think this Indy was a good race. There was barely any passing, certainly not for the lead. Only the first two laps after a restart were mildly exciting and then it was single file racing. I wouldn't label this anywhere near my favourite Indy500's, not even as one of my favourite races of the season.