Page 20 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Did Henning find out what was giving all the noises in the back of the car yesterday ?
    "At the midday service, Solberg reported handbrake problems and his co-driver, Ilka Minor noted problems with the back rear diff. However, the short 15 minute service made it difficult for any problems to be addressed thoroughly"

"Stobart M-Sport Ford driver Henning Solberg said:“The stages were as we expected but I struggled to find the right rhythm today. I was having problems with my handbrake during the morning’s stages and the rear of the car kept coming round – I lost my confidence. In the afternoon everything was a little better but I lost a lot of time today. I hope to do better in the tests tomorrow.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Ketomaa seems to have an easy job so far
    yep,yep, cruising without risks and enjoing the roads.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Why wasn't Cody Crocker at the start of this rally?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igi
    If anybody else would slide of there like Loeb did, they would either fall down at the side of the bridge, or get stuck there..
    Never give up...

Liked 11,208 Times in 4,448 Posts
    They are quite lucky to have those polymer absorbers in side door. He could have easily damage rollcage...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty
    What's happened with Tuohino?
    Off road I heard?

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Seems that after Solberg and Ogier have found speed in a proper car and Latvala not making SO many mistakes, the true "speed" of Hirvonen is finally showing...

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    @Moriarty:
    From Tuohino's official site:

Janne Tuohino's challenge got off to a bad start on the first day of Rally New Zealand after sliding into a roadside ditch left him stranded and forced to retire from the opening dayıs action.

Together with new co-driver Risto Pietiläinen, the two Finns started the rally well with three third fastest FIA Super 2000 World Championship times in the morningıs opening loop of four stages.

However, the problems started in stage 5 when the windscreen washers continuously poured water onto the screen. Then just four kilometres into the following test, Tuohino slid into a ditch, with the car resting on its side, and no way out.

The 40th Rally New Zealand kicked off with its 54 starters completing the Ceremonial Start activities alongside Aucklandıs harbour last night. But the rally burst into action this morning as crews tackled the fast, cambered, flowing roads that make this event a favourite among most competitors.

First up was the 11km Waipu Gorge test and Tuohino set a solid third fastest time * but still complained that his JanPro Ford Fiesta S2000 wasnıt just set up exactly how he liked it.

But by SS3 Bull, the longest of the rally at 32.56km, he was much more at ease and had found a fast, comfortable rhythm through the stage. After a brief 15 minute remote service in Whangarei crews set off for the afternoon tests * and they werenıt to go to plan for the flying Finns.

The first day of the event was billed to be the most challenging and offered competitors the highest amount of stage kilometres including two runs over Bull - the eventıs longest stage.

The rally is based in Auckland for the first time since 2005 and that allowed organisers to include classic northern tests that had not been used for a few years. Battle was fought out across the Whangarei and Kaipara districts located 100km north of Rally HQ in Auckland.

The afternoonıs action finished with a night-time stage at the Auckland Domain, the public park in the centre of the city which hosted pre-event shakedown on Thursday afternoon.

Tuohino is hoping to rejoin the action tomorrow under SupeRally rules when the second day of Rally New Zealand takes competitors south-west of Auckland to the Franklin and northern Waikato areas and to stages last used in 2008. The day also includes two all-asphalt tests at the Hampton Downs motor racing circuit.

Janne Tuohino said: The day started off well and we built up a good pace over the first three stages. By stage 4 the feeling with the car was very good indeed and I was really enjoying the roads here * the stages are amazing fun to drive on. But some problems started on stage 5 and then on the next stage we slid off the road * not what I had planned for the first day of the rally.
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews