Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

NHL - Lanigan???

due to economic concerns, I let my subscription to AR1.com lapse... so, what's up with Lanigan at NHL?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    due to economic concerns, I let my subscription to AR1.com lapse... so, what's up with Lanigan at NHL?
    He is out.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so Newman is gone, Haas is apparently not in control of his faculties and the only healthy and alive owner is out - what happens next??

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Chris, if we collect all the spare change in our couches, maybe we can make em an offer?

It is a SAD state of affairs there....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Chris, if we collect all the spare change in our couches, maybe we can make em an offer?

It is a SAD state of affairs there....
    I've been considering the prospect of fans collectively buying an IndyCar team.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFootballClub
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    so Newman is gone, Haas is apparently not in control of his faculties and the only healthy and alive owner is out - what happens next??
    A lot has been rumored about this team for weeks now as far as new ownership goes and obviously no one knows what is going to happen because the rumors are just so scattered. Of the names mentioned the ones I would consider serious contenders are Bryan Herta, Robby Gordon and Carl Russo. How much of this is people throwing out names, I don't know, but all three make sense to me Carl seemed to enjoy his time in Champ Car and had legitimate time constraints that forced him to sell RuSport. Herta wants to move up, and could bring the resources of his lights team to the deal and Robby Gordon, well I'm not sure what is going on with Robby at the moment, but I've heard he's considering it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    A lot has been rumored about this team for weeks now as far as new ownership goes and obviously no one knows what is going to happen because the rumors are just so scattered. Of the names mentioned the ones I would consider serious contenders are Bryan Herta, Robby Gordon and Carl Russo. How much of this is people throwing out names, I don't know, but all three make sense to me Carl seemed to enjoy his time in Champ Car and had legitimate time constraints that forced him to sell RuSport. Herta wants to move up, and could bring the resources of his lights team to the deal and Robby Gordon, well I'm not sure what is going on with Robby at the moment, but I've heard he's considering it.
    Too bad Gerry Forsythe can't swallow sour grapes, but then again he already has resources to re-start his team. No need to buy NHL if he ever decided to get back into the game. Whatever happened to Carl's old partner, turned Forsythe partner, Petit (sp?)? He hopped around from team to team in ChampCar, seemed like a well funded guy.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think its sour grapes with Gerry anymore sadly. They may have lost the battle but Tony George seems to have lost the war, and I'm sure GF likes that.

I think the reason there isn't a Foysthe Racing anymore has more to do with Gerry not liking to lose money, combined with age and health issues.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Word is unless NHL finds a big sponsor or a buyer they will shut their doors after Indy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Murphy The Bear is reporting Jacques Villenueve will join Newman/Haas.

As a driver or owner (or both)?