Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    BMW and Mercedes, and others, have China based production plants.
    I suppose these are world class motor cars.
    I thought we were talking about China designing and producing cars....

Not, car parts for manufacturers...

I must be confused.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Id say Sweeden, Japan and Ireland
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    USA - Rich racing history and lots of talent. Sadly, much of that talent gets siphoned to NASCAR.

Canada - I want to see another JV. Pissy Canadians are the best!

Mexico - Solid racing history, some talent, and great sponsorship opportunities.
    Usa has nothing to do with F1,is better to keep away any drivers or joke/fake teams lol

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    France! I just hate what has happened to one of the great founder nations of Formula 1 racing, they have no driver in the series anymore, their GP has been taken away from them, and their last remaining constructor has been practically sold off to an entity from outside France. I would love to see a new French driver kick ass, and start a new revival for French Formula 1 racing. Vergne, anyone?

The Netherlands! They seem to have plenty of sponsors and a great following of F1, but never seem to get a decent enough driver, despite all that. I'd say the Dutch are overdue to finally get their superstar driver!

Pacific Rim! I would like to see a driver from a place like Hong Kong, Singapore or Taiwan, or even Japan... a real superstar from Asia. The Japanese have been trying hard, and they surely have the following as well as the sponsors, they are a bit like the Dutch in that respect, and would be overdue. If not, an ethnic Chinese driver from outside the mainland who speaks good English would be pretty cool.

Regardless of nationality, I would be absolutely thrilled to see a female driver [WITH PERSONALITY] who can really compete and hold her own at the top levels of motorsports (and by that I mean F1, and NOT 5th place in IndyCar!)

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian

Pacific Rim! I would like to see a driver from a place like Hong Kong, ...........................
    Funny that you should mention HK. There are illegal races run in HK most weekend nights, and watched by thousands. Unfortunately, these are the usual hotted up Civics and the like, easily stolen and hotted up. But as far as motor racing itself, this form of sport has been banned in HK for many, many years, with the closest event being the once a year bash in Macau. Without any single seater feeder series anywhere near HK, you are not going to get any drivers there proficient in single seater racing.

To highlight this issue, most Chinese who have ideals generally prefer to study, get into HK U, become a professional, become rich, and invest in property and the Stock Market. Of course, they also aspire to become members of the HK Jockey Club.

So there! in a nutshell you have the reason why HK will never produce an F! driver - it will interfere with his stockmarket investment program.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AJP
    I thought we were talking about China designing and producing cars....

Not, car parts for manufacturers...

I must be confused.
    [source: Wikipedia]

As of November 2009, China is the largest auto market in the world. China's automobile industry has been in rapid development since the early 1990s. In 2009, China produced 13.79 million units of automobiles.

Of the automobiles produced, 44.3% are local brands (BYD, Chery, Geely, Hafei, Jianghuai (JAC), Chang'an (Chana), Great Wall, Roewe etc.), the rest being produced by joint ventures with foreign car makers such as Volkswagen, General Motors, Hyundai, Nissan, Honda, Toyota etc.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Cameroon
    Ghana
    Falklands
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    [source: Wikipedia]

As of November 2009, China is the largest auto market in the world. China's automobile industry has been in rapid development since the early 1990s. In 2009, China produced 13.79 million units of automobiles.

Of the automobiles produced, 44.3% are local brands (BYD, Chery, Geely, Hafei, Jianghuai (JAC), Chang'an (Chana), Great Wall, Roewe etc.), the rest being produced by joint ventures with foreign car makers such as Volkswagen, General Motors, Hyundai, Nissan, Honda, Toyota etc.
    ok...so I will go back to the start....

are we talking about world class designs and manufacturing???

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Obviously, Ireland. Over the years, Ireland has had a few drivers and some were quite successful in their short-lived careers e.g. Martin Donnelly, John Watson, Tommy Byrne (pre-F1), Eddie Irvine and [scraping the barrel here] Derek Daly. A lot of drivers here struggle to get funds together to further their careers from a national level so whatever potential they may have is never really showcased on an international scene unfortunately. Though I'm sure that could be said about several other countries.

I'd also like to see an American and a Frenchman back in the sport because of the history those countries have with drivers and GP races.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    USA - Rich racing history and lots of talent. Sadly, much of that talent gets siphoned to NASCAR.

Canada - I want to see another JV. Pissy Canadians are the best!

Mexico - Solid racing history, some talent, and great sponsorship opportunities.
    Usa, Canada and Texas
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: