Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    There's a rumour that Ferrari want him to replace Massa for next year, but I wouldnt hold my breth on that just yet.
    That was the rumor last year and it seems both Brundle and Legard added a little more fuel to the rumor. On lap 44 they raved about Kubica's driving and eluded that he maybe inline for Massa's seat in 2011 when both Massa and Kubica's contracts expire at the end this year.

I think it's more possible given that both Alonso and Kubica are good friends. There was another rumor last year that Alonso was pulling for Robert to join him at Ferrari. Of course it's all rumors ad speculation but Kubica is very quick and would be a better choice over Massa.

Also Massa recently didn't quell the rumor by saying he was not going to say like Alonso that Ferrari is the last team he will drive for.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper
    Its a lovely notion but a load of rubbish (Santander following Alonso, Mercedes actively looking for a German driver, Toyota hiring Da Matta and Panis because of an active marketing push in France and Brazil at the time).

Heidfeld was asked to move over as he was badly holding up Kubica, and the excessive tyre marbles just off line made overtaking a very dangerous prospect (Alonso crashed by being only a few inches wide). BMW would have had a 1- 3/4 that day if Heidfeld had been allowd to keep holding up Kubica.
    Don't even bother, the troll patrol will roll through town again and mop this mess up (yet again).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Ability for what exactly?
    I don't know about his personal life but I was commenting on his driving ability as you very well know.

You may have an opinion that Nick is the better driver as I believe Kubica will go on to achieve more but it's just opinions. I don't have to be right and don't particularly care if I'm not. It's all in the spirit of conversation and discussing differing viewpoints isn't it?

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    I don't know about his personal life but I was commenting on his driving ability as you very well know.

You may have an opinion that Nick is the better driver as I believe Kubica will go on to achieve more but it's just opinions. I don't have to be right and don't particularly care if I'm not. It's all in the spirit of conversation and discussing differing viewpoints isn't it?
    ................and I think you are right!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Actually it is harder to push a bad car to the limit. Just watch the onboard cameras of some "bad cars" - they are real handfuls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJ4LuE0yoY
    And now tell, which car is harder to drive? :

I don't know, why this thread has turned into a Kubica v Heidfeld discussion. Unfortunately the comparison for Nick has gone in a similar way like with his former team-mates Räikkönen and Massa - he has gone down and the younger team-mates have moved upwards. But all of it has been discussed earlier. Nick has never been considered as "a young gun". But there is still some hope for Heidfeld - if Schumacher retires after this season.

But I don't think Heidi is necessarily worse in good cars like suggested here, just recall 2007 - very impressive season in the 3rd best car. 2008 was just quite a peculiar year, when quite a few drivers were struggling more than usual - Räikkönen, Heidfeld, Sutil, Button.

When I follow Button's activities this season, I'm also keenly keeping in mind Heidfeld and what could he possibly achieve in the same situation, because they are so similar. And if Button can cut it in the top echelon, I'm certain Heidfeld can too. So maybe there will be an opening at MBGP for 2011.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Actually it is harder to push a bad car to the limit. Just watch the onboard cameras of some "bad cars" - they are real handfuls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJ4LuE0yoY
    And now tell, which car is harder to drive? :
    Obviously you never drove bad an good cars.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that you know nothing about Germans and you base the above affirmation on what you would do if you had a Polish team with a Polish driver and a German driver who often criticizes you.

Don't take it personally but some nations, especially Eastern ones and I come from there, need to grow up and realize that western corporations don't give a damn about nationality but rather about ROI. How else do you explain that a German team with a German driver used team orders to allow a Polish driver, who often criticizes them, to win their and his only F1 GP?!

I rest my case.
    Maybe You need to grow up but I don't care, its none of my business. I agree with Sleeper. There's too much politics in F1 and there are big sponsors with big money. All I'm trying to say is that I don't believe in team orders in this GP. Nick wasn't quick enough and thats all.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ojciec dyrektor
    Maybe You need to grow up but I don't care, its none of my business.
    Don't get so hot under the collar, you might get a heart attack.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Obviously you never drove bad an good cars.
    I've driven both, albeit at much lower levels. Bad cars are much scarier to push. Anybody at any level of motorsport knows that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Kubica-Renault combo will last for one year only. In 2011 Kubica will be alongside Alonso at Santander. So goodbye, Felipe.