Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I've talked about Button and Kubica in other threads.

Well, Alonso impressed me as well. A good intelligent drive from the back of the field and in the end his defence against Hamilton reminded me Imola '05 against Schumacher in a car, which was 2 secs per lap slower.

It's also work noting that both Liuzzi and Barrichello have been capable of delivering minor points in the two races so far. Liuzzi has some trouble in qualifyings, but in races his pace is at least decent and he really seems to be driving maturely, while during the STR days he looked more crazy and error-prone. Barrichello is currently owning his GP2 champion team-mate and it looks like that he is going to stay in F1 for more years if he only wants to.

Hard to rate the guys in new teams, because they really don't have anyone to race against, just the need to get to the finish-line somehow.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    Ha ha ha that's possibly the funniest thing I've heard this weekend.

However, if you can provide a source then I'll gladly grovel and apologise to you. I would also be insanely surprised.
    Well, get ready to apologize and grovel then, because as ioan said, that was written in autosport.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Kubica Bunson and the bratty one

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me it has to be Jenson. 2nd time out in a new car and produces the results. Very intelligent race and inspired call to change tyres. If he had of got it wrong, I assume he would have been labelled the Donkey.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Jenson Button.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Especially when the Bridgestone motorsport guy is on the record stating that Lewis conserves his tires better than Button. But what does this Bridgestone guy know what an armchair couldn't tell him without the need to turn a wheel (or a tire!)?
    The thing about that comment from Hamashima is that it was made before the last test at Barcelona, after the teams had spent the winter teting in near freezing conditions and mostly in the rain.

It was entirely true, but McLaren brought a big update at Barcelona (as did almost every team) and near freezing is definitely not the conditions we will see in a race this year. Two factors that will have a huge effect on tyre performance/wear.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have to go with Kubica - a solid drive all day. He earned his podium. Runner up to Button for making a gutsy call to go to slicks - add in a bit of luck. If he'd gone off at a different location and ended up in the gravel, we'd be calling him the donkey.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Button by a mile.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Well, get ready to apologize and grovel then, because as ioan said, that was written in autosport.
    Still waiting
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It was in Autosport's printed version.
    Still I'll see if I find a link as I remember that it was posted in here too.
    Yes, it's somewhere in the Bahrain thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    I think I do understand Jenson's style of driving better than Bridgestone, Yes, and I refer you to my comment above.
    I remember that article well because of St. D's quote.

Now, hit that little blue arrow next to St. D's name and search the Bahrain thread for the information regarding Bridgestone and the misinformation, which caused the majority of us to laugh in pity of others.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011