Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Robin Robertson to Drive Indy 500 pace car

It's not really a big deal, but Helio got some face time on Good Morning America, they'll probably do some pre and post race coverage of Robertson and her duties as honorary pace car driver.

Any coverage is good coverage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its Robin Roberts.

Not exactly a household name, but what do you expect from Indy Car? Probably couldn't afford anyone bigger.

At least she is an American.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Its Robin Roberts.

Not exactly a household name, but what do you expect from Indy Car? Probably couldn't afford anyone bigger.

At least she is an American.

The REAL question is what do YOU expect from Indy Car?

Good Morning America is pretty well known and has a wide and varied demographic. I'd venture a guess that her name is known in a large number of households. The decision shows, to me, that someone is thinking about ways to EXTEND the reach of the series outside its normal viewership. Who would you have picked, Rick Mears, Johnny Rutherford? I think it was a very SMART choice to pick Robin.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Good Morning America is pretty well known and has a wide and varied demographic. I'd venture a guess that her name is known in a large number of households. The decision shows, to me, that someone is thinking about ways to EXTEND the reach of the series outside its normal viewership. Who would you have picked, Rick Mears, Johnny Rutherford? I think it was a very SMART choice to pick Robin.

Gary
    And Indycar will probably be mentioned quite a few times in the shows leading up to the race and directly afterwards. If they picked some sportsplayer or actor they would never get so much pr.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Robin Roberts carries some weight. Her battles with cancer are well documented. She made a huge transition from covering sports to making it big in the mainstream media.

This is great for IndyCar.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Good pick. ABC will play this up a lot more than if someone in Indy decided a doofus like Jimmy Kimmel.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    She's not a huge player, but she's on a massive platform. GMA has a viewership in the millions. Maybe if we're really lucky they'll broadcast from the track on that Friday.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm alright with Robin being the driver. There's been a noticeable improvement by ABC in promoting the series already this year. Of course anything done by them is an improvement over what they've done in the past couple of years. Would be nice if they worked some Indy 500 stories or drivers into GMA the week leading up to the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Very little.

Robin Roberts (a 'C' list, "who the hell is that?" personality at best) is about what Indy gets nowadays. Not surprising at all.

At least its not some reality star.

I wonder who we get to throw the checkard flag? Charo or maybe Kate Gosselin?

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Very little.

Robin Roberts (a 'C' list, "who the hell is that?" personality at best) is about what Indy gets nowadays. Not surprising at all.

At least its not some reality star.

I wonder who we get to throw the checkard flag? Charo or maybe Kate Gosselin?
    It's the freakin' pace car, who cares.