Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I know, but you seem to take glee in this ? Or are you like Ken, just stating the facts? Like I said, Dog bites man....

The point is, whatever anyone thinks of the ratings, they wont fix over night. Good shows and maybe a personality that trancends the sport would help. Danica was supposed to be that person, but alas, she was here when the TV slide began....so I humbly suggest a new plan is required.
    Actually the trend so far this season is a ratings upswing Next race on ABC so I predict the St.Pete ratings improve 400% over last year

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I know, but you seem to take glee in this ? Or are you like Ken, just stating the facts? Like I said, Dog bites man....
    No, I don't take glee in it.

The problem is that Indy Car has to totally reinvent itself if it is to survive.
    Do you see anything on the horizon that make you think that the situation will improve?
    Before we see Sponsors returning to the series in significant numbers we will need to see ratings triple........at least. Most companies won't even bother unless they are at around a 2.0.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Do you see anything on the horizon that make you think that the situation will improve?
    1 - Indy 500
    2 - New Cars
    3 - Indy 500 with New Cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by -Helix-
    1 - Indy 500
    2 - New Cars
    Penske and Ganassi continuing their domination with new cars is not going to improve the product.

If two or three teams step up and win on a regular basis- along with Penske and Ganassi- then it will definitely improve the product, with or without new cars.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    No, I don't take glee in it.

The problem is that Indy Car has to totally reinvent itself if it is to survive.
    Before we see Sponsors returning to the series in significant numbers we will need to see ratings triple........at least. Most companies won't even bother unless they are at around a 2.0.
    Ok..now we are having the conversation. I agree something has to change radically, but at the same time, taking the ratings and throwing them out there for a topic of "how bad they are" by itself is not really newsworthy. You, like I do know you want this series to be something right now it isn't on a regular basis, and that is exciting. Exciting in depth of field, quality of racing and quality of field in terms of car choices. With that, I think comes public interest.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Helix-
    1 - Indy 500
    2 - New Cars
    They already have the Indy 500.
    The New car will not be here until 2012 at the earliest.

So ask yourself a few questions:

Will the ICS last until then?
    Will a new car make a difference?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will the ICS last until then?
    "The IRL will never turn a wheel."

"CART will bury the IRL"

"CCWS will bury the IRL."

"No one will ever come to see the IRL at Long Beach/St. Pete/Edmonton."

"This is the year the Indy 500 has less than 33 starters (heard just about every year for the past ten but it has never happened)."

"The IRL will never get a title sponsor with ratings like these."

Stop holding your breath waiting. You're turning blue already.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco

"CART will bury the IRL"

"This is the year the Indy 500 has less than 33 starters (heard just about every year for the past ten but it has never happened)."

You must admit tho Deco, that one on the number of starters has been a near run thing. Once upon a time, there was 60 cars on the entry, and 40 plus real teams trying to make the 33 and it was in my lifetime..pre Tony George...

That said, I don't underestimate the ability of OW to bounce back or to shoot itself in the foot on alternate weeks.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco

"CART will bury the IRL"

Yes. I watched the 1st round however, and maybe I have become too pretentious, but I'd like to see a newer, more modern and more handsome Indy Car, Something a la CART 1999 and please with better engine sound.
    I respect the sport a lot and wish it well, but I think that it needs more. The Indy Cars for me \and maybe I am wrong\ is less attractive not only than F1, but then GP2 as well.
    Formula 1

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    Yes. I watched the 1st round however, and maybe I have become too pretentious, but I'd like to see a newer, more modern and more handsome Indy Car, Something a la CART 1999 and please with better engine sound.
    I respect the sport a lot and wish it well, but I think that it needs more. The Indy Cars for me \and maybe I am wrong\ is less attractive not only than F1, but then GP2 as well.

I saw more passes in the final 3 laps of Sao Paulo than I will see in the first 2 races of f1....so ugly or not, the racing is better, and could be much better still with the right formula of rules.