Page 299 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 1992492892972982993003013093493997991299 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 14986
    Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I should have added that Jean Todt had said that at present with the economy the way it is that top level rallying could not sustain two championships "taking from each other". He also said that if you removed the support series, SWRC, PWRC & JWRC from WRC it would be unlikely to run rallies.
    I honestly think it's only a matter of time before they both merge. I'm not sure how it will happen - but - Rallying can't really support 2 series.
    As for the support series, what do they actually achieve - how many J-WRC/P-WRC winners have gone on to a full factory seat?? Very few. Time to get rid of them.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Eurosport Events are producing their own program and they're guaranting few hours of it infront of millions of people.. So that's not problem.. We'll see what happens if they (FIA) stops S2000 homologations but rules says that 1.6T WRC could be run in any country from next year.. So it could be 1.6T WRC cars in IRC from next year or from 2012..

Liked 1,791 Times in 424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    I honestly think it's only a matter of time before they both merge. I'm not sure how it will happen - but - Rallying can't really support 2 series.
    As for the support series, what do they actually achieve - how many J-WRC/P-WRC winners have gone on to a full factory seat?? Very few. Time to get rid of them.
    Initially a year ago I thought that two series are good, you need someone to push you to get better. But it looks like in current economy it is not possible. It is not funny when there is only one car capable to win (Curtiba for example) when one has slight problem.
    Actually it all comes together when you think that Todt is not happy with North One and he wants to merge IRC (which is Eurosports son) and WRC. Sounds like ideal plan to get rid of Nort One? or make good co-operation between NO and Eurosport. You know that in Monte Eurosport is using also WRC technical equipments because the show needs it. So, there is co-operation anyway. And you saw what happened in Curtiba when Eurosport had to divide his forces between WTCC and WRC. It was the worst ever Europsort rally coverage I have seen.
    In ideal world there would be World Rally Championship and support championships running aside the main championship.
    The other thing they should do is to decrease the entry fee for those support championships and privateers. Currently its costs are enormous.
    In my view the best way should be to create 4 levels:

4. total privateers, local drivers, gentleman drivers, rally tourists. They are just running for overall position and maybe some kind of best privateer of the rally honor.They have not very strict technical rules (tires, fuel, etc.)
    3. Young drivers like JWRC right now. definitely 2WD cars but not S1600. R3 and R2 cars should be allowed only. S1600 way too expensive.
    2. People searching for factory seats or just wanting to drive some kind of championships. Those should be simple 4WD cars like traditional GrN PWRC
    1. Top league, S1600T cars, manus, private teams and just privateers fighting for the top spots. with very strict technical rules

Sorry for hijacking this thread..
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    In ideal world there would be World Rally Championship and support championships running aside the main championship.
    The other thing they should do is to decrease the entry fee for those support championships and privateers. Currently its costs are enormous.
    In my view the best way should be to create 4 levels:

4. total privateers, local drivers, gentleman drivers, rally tourists. They are just running for overall position and maybe some kind of best privateer of the rally honor.They have not very strict technical rules (tires, fuel, etc.)
    3. Young drivers like JWRC right now. definitely 2WD cars but not S1600. R3 and R2 cars should be allowed only. S1600 way too expensive.
    2. People searching for factory seats or just wanting to drive some kind of championships. Those should be simple 4WD cars like traditional GrN PWRC
    1. Top league, S1600T cars, manus, private teams and just privateers fighting for the top spots. with very strict technical rules

Sorry for hijacking this thread..
    Yes, you have hijacked the thread. and no, I don`t understand your arguments. You are talking about decreasing entry fees as an important costreducing factor. Its not really. Just to take an example. Running a Gr.N/PWRC car in a WRC-event on a very sensible budget, entry fee will be appr. 10% of the total costs. This does not include possible rebuild of the car after running 350 rough stage kilometres. Entry fees seems high, but they are acually a very small part of total costs.

Liked 1,791 Times in 424 Posts
    I also mentioned the possibility of using different tires, pump fuel, but these were just examples. Maybe it is right time to start news and rumours III.. nearly 150 pages already :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    David Richards put WRC 10 steps back in compare with F1..
    yes richards destroyed wrc and swrt as all his mind was sunk in F1. mokin:
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any news about Aaron Burkart season?

Thanks.

Liked 11,208 Times in 4,448 Posts
    Kresta confirmed NORF and GB with Evo IX.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by principe IRC
    Any news about Aaron Burkart season?

Thanks.
    Nothing Special, just driving a Tank

Aaron

Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzerflitzer
    Nothing Special, just driving a Tank

Aaron
    in iraq probably
    :smokin: "position no good but very enjoy" japaneese driver at end of safari rally