Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting your ex

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Why would you want to be friend's with the ex-gf? I just think it's counterproductive to waste time on something that isn't going to work, especially if you're already in a relationship. Just let it go and focus on what's right in front of you.

I would be respectful to an ex-gf if we crossed paths, but other then that, they can stay the hell away from me.

I sort of agree with this. I quite often see one of my exes in the pub and she always completely blanks me. Seems quite pathetic.

I love the crazy chicks. They just need to get man handled and they're dynamite in the sack. Just gets really tedious to cope with their craziness after more than 2 months, so eventually I just axe the whole thing and call her friends.

This is true! Although sadly i've not had many 'dynamite' girls, the ones that were dynamite were crazy. But annoying.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Ex's

Been divorced from my Ex for 35 years,in that 35 years the ONLY words we have spoke to each other,was "hello".
    That was at a funeral,She told our joint children ,that I was a "Kelly",,for those who dont know what a Kelly is,its a toy that you knock over ,but stands back up again.
    She hated the fact that after she took everything I had,that i could get back up,and be financially secure again.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts

Yes, why didn't Rudy tell his wife? Because he was looking for some side play. We all have thoughts about it, but if we're in a relationship, and a good one at that, then you have a little more to think about.
    I don't want to look more innocent that I actually am. Certain things were very good between my ex and me and even reemerged sporadically after we officially split and despite the fact that we could not stand each other. Yet this time my intentions did not go beyond a cofee and a chat.
    Llibertat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never get in touch with them anymore since we're separated, I think it's harmless to make friends with your exes, you only need to treat them like your average friends, if you met them by coincidence just say to them 'hello' and 'how are you', no need to avoid meeting them. I think they will understand that you have your own life. But not close friends, don't try to meet them on purpose, usually we miss moment with close friends and want to meet them to have some coffee and cigar, chat and make a lot of fun.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't see the point. If you know your wife will have a problem with it, then it's a huge mistake to do this behind her back rather than just tell her that you're going to meet your ex.

Wierdly, I agree with gloomyday on this. It's pointless. It could stir up feelings that are best left alone.

There's only one reason I'd meet up with my ex- and it's not something I would consider unless I was single.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't see why everyone doesn't see the point of meeting an ex. Unless of course you split on really bad terms it's nice to keep in touch and see how the other person is going because unless it ended up really badly and you never want to hear from that person again most people will still care enough to want to know that the person is OK and doing well etc etc.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I don't see why everyone doesn't see the point of meeting an ex. Unless of course you split on really bad terms it's nice to keep in touch and see how the other person is going because unless it ended up really badly and you never want to hear from that person again most people will still care enough to want to know that the person is OK and doing well etc etc.
    Well, because... women are really boring. Why suffer through the tedium of hearing them talk about their lives when you can get the essential info from friends? There's no point in that at all. Unless you're looking to get your card stamped.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by studiose
    Well, because... women are really boring. Why suffer through the tedium of hearing them talk about their life when you can get the essential info from friends? There's no point in that at all. Unless you're looking to get your card stamped.
    LOL card stamped Classic

I must admit it's kinda nice to say "Oh you got dumped? Ah well plenty more fish in the sea etc etc, I'm happy, have been with so and so for a few years now " *snigger*
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The only reason to meet your ex is to do something physical - anything and everything else can be done by phone or email.

You are naive to think your wife won't find out and when she does the first thing she will ask is why didn't you tell her.... and you have not got an answer that won't dig a bigger and deeper hole.
    I've got friends racing all over the world.... good luck to you all.

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    LOL card stamped Classic
    Sure is, but I can't take credit for it. Del Boy.