Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    right ok. what a shame!

Cheers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whereschris
    Does anyone know when the Mexico shakedown is being shown? On the Motors TV website it says Wed 4th 22.20 but when I check the Sky planner it's not listed. The planner says British Historic rally and I seem to remember that this was the case when Sweden was about to start...

Any Ideas?
    You can watch it online here

http://racing.skai.gr/default.asp?pid=27

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pavlos_a
    You can watch it online here

http://racing.skai.gr/default.asp?pid=27
    Thanks Pavlos!!!!
    Web: www.wr-x.com
    Twitter: World Rally Xtreme @WrxCom, Facebook: World Rally Xtreme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's going on?!!! I'm just watching the coverage from this morning and it sounds like the commentator is on the phone - you can barely hear him. Is it just my recording?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup they sent that horrible audio out for million to hear.............

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just watched a later repeat and they have the fixed the audio - not the commentary though!

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    There is only one word suitable to describe their footage and that is "bulls**t."

I used to look forward to watching each rally. I will just read the results on the net from now on I think. More exciting that way.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 9,402 Times in 5,008 Posts
    Day 2 slightly better... but then it couldn't get any worse ...

Good interview the head of Petter Solberg WRT
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I joined that forum and posted this:

I only joined this forum because of the horrible coverage I saw. I have been watching WRC since about 2000 when the coverage became available on the internet because as a US rally fan, its what you had to do. It's essentially still what I have to do. If the coverage was available through the proper channels, then I would gladly be a part of that. But media in the 21st century still tries to hold onto, (or is fumbling around trying to figure it out perhaps), with 20th century business models. What a shame. All that suffers is the culture that you aspired to make your income from as they are left confused and misinformed, or just uninformed at the end of the day. So gossip ensues on message board forums, and no one has any better idea of what the big picture is.

Do yourself a favor and fork out whatever money you have to spend on

A) A knowledgble camera crew and photography director

It is always important for the viewer to want to be a part of the images onscreen when watching a sporting event. It instills the passion and comraderie that makes any sport a success. If they want to be there, surely thy will watch again and again. Additionally rallysport is probably among the most photogenic sporting events on the planet. A simple combination of the sensiblities of John Frankenheimer and Ansel Adams would make the footage a sheer joy to witness.

B) A good footage editor

No great movie has ever gotten that way without someone to assemble the footage in the cutting room at the end of the day. Every great director from Steven Spielberg to John Huston knew it was a good idea to make the editor your best friend. Since we are talking about a visual medium here, the principles remain the same. If you have the best shots from a stage, the most dynamic footage of a jump, crash, crowd reaction, etc, no of it will matter of the timing of each of those moments is not gracefully assembled into a story that the viewing audience can identify with, want to be a part or, or be pulled into.

C) A commentator

Without a voice to interpret what is onscreen in a clear, concise, well informed commentary, the viewing audience will be not likely to return to what they are watching whether the material is downloaded, streaming, or aired. More importantly, the commentator is looked upon as the icon to which the fan refers to other would-be fans for interpretation, news, insight, etc. They should be as identifiable not only to the viewing audience, but perhaps even moreso to the drivers, crews, team principals etc.

F1 had Murray Walker, American baseball had Ernie Harwell, boxing had Reg Gutteridge. At one point the WRC had Mark James and Jeremy Hart. Where are they now? THey had an obvious passion for the sport, it has been rather lacking in the past 5 years or more.

The WRC is an opportunity. It's like no other sport on the planet. From rally to rally you have the opportunity to immerse your audience in the local culture where each rally takes place. You have some of the most robust street legal machinery on public roads blasting around the world in the most diverse conditions any sport has to offer. You have multiple cultures working together to make a massive event possible, and in this very troubled world, that should be capitalized on.

What was the line from a James Bond movie? ".....and 007......try not to muck it up again."
    Yeah, americans love rallying too.