Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    Ken at a certain point it just becomes grating, and "don't click the thread" is an empty excuse. It would be like posting on a golf forum every week or two about how tv ratings are down since Tiger Woods left. Yes, this tournament and that tournament may have lower ratings. Yes, the whole PGA may have lower ratings. But complaining about it every week is not going to fix the problem, and it's just going to grate on those that are on the forum to talk about exciting things going on in the series, not harp on a negative everyone is familiar with to the nth degree.

perhaps you should suggest a biz forum to the administrators
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Perhaps everyone should talk about the racing and not each other.

is the biz of the sport off limits?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Of course not. But the sniping back and forth is.
    As a mod ymmv.... But seemed pretty one sided to me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    is the biz of the sport off limits?
    Ken, as I and others keep telling you ... you are completely correct in saying that the ratings are part of "the biz". We all conceed that. I'll shout it from the rooftops if that will make you feel better.

The point is that this is a DISCUSSION FORUM. You almost never want to discuss anything. You "post without comment". THAT is what gets really old. If you would at the very least present your plan on how those ratings, that you so eloquently point out are part of "the biz", could be better then at least we could have a DISCUSSION about "the biz".

I know, I know, you don't have to tell me again, I won't click on your threads. They bore me anyway because you don't DISCUSS anything in them.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Ken, as I and others keep telling you ... you are completely correct in saying that the ratings are part of "the biz". We all conceed that. I'll shout it from the rooftops if that will make you feel better.

The point is that this is a DISCUSSION FORUM. You almost never want to discuss anything. You "post without comment". THAT is what gets really old. If you would at the very least present your plan on how those ratings, that you so eloquently point out are part of "the biz", could be better then at least we could have a DISCUSSION about "the biz".

I know, I know, you don't have to tell me again, I won't click on your threads. They bore me anyway because you don't DISCUSS anything in them.
    simple solution....whining like a little b&%#h doesn't change it

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34

Ken is the guy standing in the parking lot saying it is raining as he gets wet, but doesn't want to discuss buying the umbrella or maybe coming inside? lol....

Ken, isn't that I dont think you are smart enough or enough of a fan of the sport to comment, I think you could add something or toss out an opinion or two what could be done to change it. THAT is the point of the forum. Some threads we talk about what happens on track, but the last few years, it is the business side. To say week after week the ratings suck or the sport is in trouble is one thing, but add something please.

As for DeFerran, many see this as a half empty glass, becuase his 2 car team didn't materialize and Jay Penske isn't adding cars. The reality of it is, I for one couldn't see how DeFerran was going to go Indycar racing. If NHL couldn't get sponsorship for Graham Rahal, I like to know what hoofa pipe people would have been smoking to think Gil was going to field 2 cars in a series he hadn't owned a team in. A series that by the way cant keep good teams with sponsors on the track, and cannot get money to really strong teams traditionally to keep American born talent.

So I can see the pessimists being correct, but any time anyone has Gil involved, it is BETTER than not having him involved.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Ken is the guy standing in the parking lot saying it is raining as he gets wet, but doesn't want to discuss buying the umbrella or maybe coming inside? lol....

Ken, isn't that I dont think you are smart enough or enough of a fan of the sport to comment, I think you could add something or toss out an opinion or two what could be done to change it. THAT is the point of the forum. Some threads we talk about what happens on track, but the last few years, it is the business side. To say week after week the ratings suck or the sport is in trouble is one thing, but add something please.

As for DeFerran, many see this as a half empty glass, becuase his 2 car team didn't materialize and Jay Penske isn't adding cars. The reality of it is, I for one couldn't see how DeFerran was going to go Indycar racing. If NHL couldn't get sponsorship for Graham Rahal, I like to know what hoofa pipe people would have been smoking to think Gil was going to field 2 cars in a series he hadn't owned a team in. A series that by the way cant keep good teams with sponsors on the track, and cannot get money to really strong teams traditionally to keep American born talent.

So I can see the pessimists being correct, but any time anyone has Gil involved, it is BETTER than not having him involved.
    oh look...how sweet

another case of classic projection

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to get in the middle of everyone's squabble - but I really think all of you guys have a great knowledge of and passion for AOWR and often racing in general.... I realize there are different points of view - but all of you: ken, mark, chuck, scott, gary (please read NOTHING into the order or who I have included or left out) etc. are really into this sport and have really good knowledge and valuable opinions.....

My point is, we are all on the same team (and it is really a pretty small team...) and I hope everyone keeps that in mind when these different points of view and personal differences come up so we can agree to disagree on various things and move on as united fans of the sport.... it is a pretty rough time to be fan of AOWR and we are all going to get negative and we are all going to have our pie-in-the-sky ideas...

ok, I'll climb down off my soapbox now.... sorry if I overstepped any bounds......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Not to get in the middle of everyone's squabble - but I really think all of you guys have a great knowledge of and passion for AOWR and often racing in general.... I realize there are different points of view - but all of you: ken, mark, chuck, scott, gary (please read NOTHING into the order or who I have included or left out) etc. are really into this sport and have really good knowledge and valuable opinions.....

My point is, we are all on the same team (and it is really a pretty small team...) and I hope everyone keeps that in mind when these different points of view and personal differences come up so we can agree to disagree on various things and move on as united fans of the sport.... it is a pretty rough time to be fan of AOWR and we are all going to get negative and we are all going to have our pie-in-the-sky ideas...

ok, I'll climb down off my soapbox now.... sorry if I overstepped any bounds......
    Chris, I understand and appreciate what you are saying there. And I agree with it.

My only thing is that Ken seems to want to only point out negative things like rating (which we all know about), and then not discuss it. All I'm asking (and ever asked him) is that he acutally discuss things, not "post without comment" as he likes to do. That's all I'm trying to say in these posts.

I try not to get into personal attacks with anyone although I disagree with them from time to time. It's just sometimes people need to be called out on some things. Maybe I shouldn't do it. But all I'm looking for are constructive ideas to move the sport forward.

Ok this is waaaay off topic now, so let's try to get back to it. Sorry.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why is reality always confused with negativity

*it sure is interesting who is actually hung up on the ratings.....