Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Does anyone else think it looks like someone has sprayed a black strip with a aerosol can and stuck a Mercedes decal on the side?

It certainly doesn't show off the Mercedes branding very well IMO.

http://joesaward.files.wordpress.com...100125_003.jpg
    That's EXACTLY what I thought, too... that it looks like someone was about to spray the car black, and then ran out of spray paint before they ever really got started! Or that the car was driving behind another leaking oil for an hour!

I am also disappointed with the super bland and maldesigned livery, if they had stuck to the photoshopped one from earlier, it would have been great.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was expecting more Petronas green, maybe a darker silver, but it looks good..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like it, I like how the Petronas logo on the side of the car isn't back but carbon fiber. I do think the car would look better if the smoky effect had more tint variation in it.

I still dont get the point of painting last years car in this years colours.
    Standardises KERS standardises diffuser for 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which livery looks more like wha we have come to known as a 'Works' Mercedes identity and which does a better job of showing off the 'Mercedes-Benz' brand? Mercedes GP have messed up here in my humble opinion - poor effort!:

I mean, how hard is it to read the 'Mercedes-Benz' tagline on the engine cover in the new MGP car?? Cant see it on that dodgy silver on black on silver effect theyve gone for
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    That is truly horrible. The Petronas green looks like an afterthought, and the black background to the Mercedes Benz branding on the engine cover looks like it was done by a drunken graffiti artist. The stupid yellow & black "safety tape" on the mirrors further cheapens the look, but I suppose at least it's better than a plain white car with a few dayglo "Brawn GP" stickers.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with Dave, it really looks like the green is added at the very last moment, like they forgot. I also don't get the red with black outline numbers.

For the rest I think it looks ok, though the Mercedes brand is indeed hard to look at from certain angles.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think it looks absolutley awesome.

A great design.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe F1
    Which livery looks more like wha we have come to known as a 'Works' Mercedes identity and which does a better job of showing off the 'Mercedes-Benz' brand? Mercedes GP have messed up here in my humble opinion - poor effort!:

I mean, how hard is it to read the 'Mercedes-Benz' tagline on the engine cover in the new MGP car?? Cant see it on that dodgy silver on black on silver effect theyve gone for
    Although the shading is clearly a problem for the Mercedes car, that pic of the McLaren looks horrible. The shape of the car is awful and, now, I just realised how much I don't like that livery and how much I haven't liked McLaren's livery from about 2007 onwards. That red is pure disgusting. I think Mercedes' livery is fine looking, but just not practical in many ways. And it could be better with some small changes.

But, bloody hell, that McLaren really does look sickening
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    At a second glance, the McLaren makes the Mercedes look beautiful. Genuinely! I'm not just saying that.

In my opinion of course
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    One point about neing a brand is that its easily recognisable. So basicly it doesnt mean a rats ass if you cannot see the spelling. People will knwo its a Silverarrow, especially if it runs in the front.

That said Im a bit disappointed. Was expecting more from Merc. Now I hope that Santander-Ferrari wont be too white.

And please let Lotus revive the black gold combination!