Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    There was no mention in the sky sports magazine about the Daytona 500 for live next month (february),i'm more or less resigned to not having any nascar on tv for 2010 and if this is the case will be cancelling all my sky subs.
    You get postal deliveries in the valleys lol !!!!!

Anyhow you going to Vegas this year??, We are doing the Daytona Speedweeks , fly out on the 2nd cant wait !! Definatly doing Vegas next year though.

I've told Barry no Nascar means no Sky sports... he doesnt agree though lol..

Jackie x
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earnhardt8
    You get postal deliveries in the valleys lol !!!!!

Anyhow you going to Vegas this year??, We are doing the Daytona Speedweeks , fly out on the 2nd cant wait !! Definatly doing Vegas next year though.

I've told Barry no Nascar means no Sky sports... he doesnt agree though lol..

Jackie x
    Ha ha ha yes occasionally when its not snowing or raining!!

Forgot about your going over for speedweeks,thats go to be the ultimate holiday.Im off on 18th Feb doing both California and Vegas race this year,i'm one of the few people who likes fontana

As much as i enjoy watching Man City on skysports and lost and flash forward on sky 1 without nascar they wont be getting any subscription money from me. Have you any plans for watching races without sky coverage as its really a big worry.

You going to rockingham this year for the pick ups?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Post from Keith Huewen's personal website.

No Nascar on Sky in the UK for 2010.

http://www.huewen.com/index.php?news&nid=69

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delenn
    Post from Keith Huewen's personal website.

No Nascar on Sky in the UK for 2010.

http://www.huewen.com/index.php?news&nid=69
    I guess the only hope now is that ESPN pick the coverage up in the UK. Meaning an extra subscription for Sky Sport subscribers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    Ha ha ha yes occasionally when its not snowing or raining!!

Forgot about your going over for speedweeks,thats go to be the ultimate holiday.Im off on 18th Feb doing both California and Vegas race this year,i'm one of the few people who likes fontana

As much as i enjoy watching Man City on skysports and lost and flash forward on sky 1 without nascar they wont be getting any subscription money from me. Have you any plans for watching races without sky coverage as its really a big worry.

You going to rockingham this year for the pick ups?

Move to the US !! No seriously i dont know how we will watch it, bit fed up really !!

Cant wait for Speedweeks.. having 9 nights in Daytona so we can do all the races.And do a bit of Montoya stalking lol .

Vegas race is on my birthday lol !! I'd like to do California and Vegas next year but our oldest moves up to Secondary school in Sept.. one week out of school is ok but 2 will be pushing it i think... probably just do Vegas then do Charlotte later in the year.

I dont know if we will be at Rockingham, didnt go at all last year, Barry was quite ill for most of the year (problems with his joints and a large cyst on his thyroid) and he couldnt really stay out in the cold for long.

jackie x
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    So, definitely not Sky Sports, so the other possibilities are Eurosport, Motors TV, ESPN or perhaps Rush HD. I only include Rush HD as they have shown highlights of NASCAR before in glorious lovely looking high definition. It would be fab if Eurosport got it and showed it on thier HD service but I don't think this is overly likely as they do show a lot of other things and NASCAR takes 4 hours+ of Sunday night prime time! Motors TV would no doubt love to show it but its going to be down to cost and as they havnt even shown Nationwide (or the Busch series as it was back then) for some time I hold out little hope of this happening. I think the best fit is with ESPN, hopefully in lovely glossy high def too. Otherwise it won't be on at all and have to resort to trying to find streams online and stuff, hardly ideal.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    So, definitely not Sky Sports, so the other possibilities are Eurosport, Motors TV, ESPN or perhaps Rush HD. I only include Rush HD as they have shown highlights of NASCAR before in glorious lovely looking high definition. It would be fab if Eurosport got it and showed it on thier HD service but I don't think this is overly likely as they do show a lot of other things and NASCAR takes 4 hours+ of Sunday night prime time! Motors TV would no doubt love to show it but its going to be down to cost and as they havnt even shown Nationwide (or the Busch series as it was back then) for some time I hold out little hope of this happening. I think the best fit is with ESPN, hopefully in lovely glossy high def too. Otherwise it won't be on at all and have to resort to trying to find streams online and stuff, hardly ideal.
    Another problem with MotorsTV is that they don't have more than a few regional variants. If I understand their website correctly, the same feed is used in most of Europe. That means they can't get the rights to anything with mainstream interest, since somebody is likely to have the exclusive right to it in one of the countries they broadcast to. They probably can't get NASCAR rights because of this. Eurosport used to have the same problems, but nowadays they seem to have a lot of regional variants, both of their main channel and Eurosport 2.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've emailed ESPN requesting that they show the Sprint Cup series. I would urge everyone else to do the same

http://tv.espn.co.uk/more/feedback/

I'm also looking for a way to contact Eurosport but their website is rather rubbish!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Email sent to Espn.Fingers crossed
    2010 NASCAR pickems champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    I've emailed ESPN requesting that they show the Sprint Cup series. I would urge everyone else to do the same

http://tv.espn.co.uk/more/feedback/

I'm also looking for a way to contact Eurosport but their website is rather rubbish!
    Thats a great shout,ive just e-mailed them also hope everyone else does the same.