Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    PERHAPS PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE FAKERY OF THE BTCC AND WTCC. PERHAPS SOME FANS JUST WANT TO SEE SOME TEAMS TAKE THE BEST CARS THEY CAN TO THE TRACK AND SEE WHO'S THE FASTEST?

Honestly........
    But if people dont like it, dont bother watch it let alone waste your time commenting on it. The figures show theres plenty of people that do like it as it is and just want entertainment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    PERHAPS PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE FAKERY OF THE BTCC AND WTCC. PERHAPS SOME FANS JUST WANT TO SEE SOME TEAMS TAKE THE BEST CARS THEY CAN TO THE TRACK AND SEE WHO'S THE FASTEST?

Honestly........
    Fakery? what, compared to formula 1? are you sure you don't want to reconsider that post. If you don't like Touring Cars, why do you bother wasting your time on even posting on this forum?

AH! NOW I UNDERSTAND THIS POST!!!!!! http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com...0&postcount=39

honestly.......
    that was a low hit

oh well, at least I seem to have started a trend.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem is that production road cars are all different and not governed by a set of motorsport rules defining driving wheels, shape, engine size, etc, etc. When car manufactures designed the cars, they didn't design them for touring car racing, they designed them for use on the public road. Outside of motorsport there is more to life than just handling and power.

If the cars were designed to race from the ground up, they would not be designed to accommodate the kids and shopping...

Some car designs make them better in some areas of racing than other cars. A purest wants to see the car which best manages its strengths and weaknesses win the race.

This can go two ways. A game of cat and mouse, where different cars are stronger at different parts of the circuit, different circuits and different weather conditions.

Or, when a car is very good, it can mean one car dominates.

I would not say that one car has dominated the BTCC this year though.

The trouble with trying to level the playing field is that no one can ever be sure that they have it right. And whoever is not winning has an excuse to start whining, calling for a rule change or break.

Whatever the outcome, someone somewhere is not going to be happy.

It seems we either have a one-make championship, a set of identical machines using different body shells, or - if we're not careful - a set of complicated rule adjustments on a per-race per-car basis.

Whatever they choose to do, I'll watch it until the day I stop enjoying it. The truth is, deep down, providing there is no blatant meddling to fix results or pre-planned choreography, and as long as I see a good race, I don't really care how we get there!

Anyway, there is a lot of rambling that got no where... :

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    In the pursuit of fairness and cost reduction BTCC will be a homogonised series with little technical meaning.

BTCC will become 2L FWD version of NASCAR, DTM, FIA GT etc

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Fakery? what, compared to formula 1? are you sure you don't want to reconsider that post. If you don't like Touring Cars, why do you bother wasting your time on even posting on this forum?
    Apples and oranges. F1 is a completely different series to touring cars because for one F1 cars aren't production based and all the cars share the same basic layout.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Apples and oranges. F1 is a completely different series to touring cars because for one F1 cars aren't production based and all the cars share the same basic layout.
    yes I agree with this but what I meant was "stop whining about the BTCC cos look how much worse it could be" Formula 1 is a sport based 90% on how much money you have not what drivers you have or even what car you have.

The 10% is Toyota who manage to be crap no matter how much money they have....
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    WHY DOES NO-ONE ON THIS FORUM REALISE THAT THESE CHANGES AND THE REVERSED GRIDS ETC. ARE THERE TO MAKE TH RACING MORE INTERESTING FOR YOU LOT, THE FANS.

I'M STARTING TO GET FED UP OF YOU LOT SO CALLED "FANS" CONSTANTLY SLAGGING OFF THE BTCC AND WTCC.

THE FACT THAT BMWs ARE BEING MADE TO HAVE A SPEC 1ST GEAR IS NOT TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THEY WANT TO GIVE THEM A DISADVANTAGE, ITS TO MAKE THE RACING FAIR.

honestly.....

Just because you don't like the way something is going doesn't mean your not a fan imo. I can't stand some features (reverse grids being the main one) of the championship but doesn't make me less of a fan.

Why should racing be fair? If someone's got a better designed car or a car more suited to racing then it's not there fault.

Should Usain Bolt run with lead weights so the rest of the field can keep up and make it more fair

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwdvectra
    Just because you don't like the way something is going doesn't mean your not a fan imo. I can't stand some features (reverse grids being the main one) of the championship but doesn't make me less of a fan.

Why should racing be fair? If someone's got a better designed car or a car more suited to racing then it's not there fault.

Should Usain Bolt run with lead weights so the rest of the field can keep up and make it more fair
    You're right, it seems that black people are inherently better than white people at running so we should ballast them to make it fair

When you start ballasting cars it ceases to be a sport and becomes just a game.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you for sharing the site with all. The site is really nice. Please keep sharing more and more.

Have a nice day