Page 235 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 1351852252332342352362372452853357351235 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 14986
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Kimi Raikkonen is reported to have signed a deal with Red Bull, including a couple of rallies with Red Bull Citroen Racing. He also wants to do Le Mans.
    Only two rallies would achieve very little. 6 minimum would be of greater benefit.

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    I think that couple was meant as several not as two
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]I think that couple was meant as several not as two
    I hope so. It would make more sense, no?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    Here Tomi, you are absolutely correct, this is possible the stupids deal ever...
    I heard some good news today, the deal is propably soon history
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    Ignoring that last comment here's some interesting news:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80326

Seems the announment of the 2011 calendar (first of the 'new era') is being delayed. Looks like Jean Todt wants to have a more hands on role with this calendar.

Apparently it's ok to let this slide for a while because F1 does the same thing with its calendars. Meanwhile prospective new manufacturers still have no idea where the WRC is going in 2011. I hope they weren't waiting to see which markets the WRC was entering before making any decisions.

Just sign it off Jean we havent got all year to sort this out!
    Seems a good idea to take time over the 2011 calendar, that way they can make sure they get the best events possible which will be more attractive to the sponsors

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    I heard some good news today, the deal is propably soon history
    Quote in Autosport last week from Abarth said: "Basso will probably contest the Italian Championship, but we have no news for our other driver."

Apparantly Anton's deal ran to the end of 2010 and stipulated that the last year would be driving in the WRC, but I guess if they don't want to do that they will terminate.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Seems a good idea to take time over the 2011 calendar, that way they can make sure they get the best events possible which will be more attractive to the sponsors
    It depends because if you are a new team/sponsor you want to be sorting your deals out now. Take VW for example. You want to enter the WRC but you have no idea what the engine regs are, nor where the calendar goes.

Now if the calendar delay is the difference between us getting the Monte or not getting the Monte or breaking into an important market then I agree that is important stuff. But if Jean Todt just wants to go through the rallies himself and ultimately send out the same calendar four months later then thats not good. You can't justify it because F1 does it because in that series they could race anywhere and there will always be interest.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because it is the most important calendar for the sport in recent history. But in theory you could wait months and get a perfect calendar. But it might be too late for some prospective manufacturers.

And then for 2012 are they going to rotate the events again? Who knows... IMO the one thing the sport doesn't need is indecision. But apparently that's what the 'I' in FIA stands for.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Thank God Todt has taken the WRC subject personally!

For the last years we’ve seen FIA president delegate the championship ruling to the Rally Commission, which must be pointed to most of the delays regarding revised WRC regulations, including calendar and WRC cars replacement.

Todt is a rally man in his heart, totally the opposite of Mosley, so if he shows some reserve towards the WRC 2011 proposed calendar, we can only regard it as a wise move in order to re-establish a sensible orientation to the series.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Let's just hope F1 can avoid a scandal for at least the next couple of months so Jean can give the WRC some love.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Amen to that!
    Rally addict since 1982