Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    If there was a conspiracy it was with the tyres. Rigging the engines is too complicated to go unnoticed. However, I don't believe in any conspiracy. The Penske/Ganassi cars have won every race but one this year. Had there been more green/white/checkers we would have seen more commanding victories.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys I totally agree that suggesting the contenders were given an advantage is in fact a theory of conspiracy...I understand that. I also understand that Penske and Ganassi are in fact the class of the field, I understand there were no yellows. I agree that maybe there was a difference in those special white sidewalled tires and maybe not the engine.

With all that being said, I think given the history the IRL has shown of favoritism (and NASCAR too for that matter), along with the observations on track (the conditions being a coincidence of only the 3 contenders that is), a conspiracy theory is warranted. My biggest problem with what I saw was the gross differential in speed...not that those 2 teams aren't already superior...but we're talking about GROSS DIFFERENTIAL. On all other 1 1/2 mile tracks, there were numerous other teams that competed in the lead pack, especially since the rules changes (i.e. Vision, KV, AGR) and they were in left field here. Plus throw in that the IRL is in desparate need of drama, it isn't a far stretch to suggest some tinkering to see a 3 way battle at the lead for the championship wouldn't be desirable.

But, I totally agree it is just a theory. Nothing can be proved pro or con. It is what it is.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anyone else remember that phantom yellow at Texas when Ryan was running away with it?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If Penske and Ganassi were given some advantage, explain Helio being a lap down. Or is the suggestion that ONLY the top three were given the call? I don't buy it at all, Dan Clark's assertions not withstanding.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    If Penske and Ganassi were given some advantage, explain Helio being a lap down. Or is the suggestion that ONLY the top three were given the call? I don't buy it at all, Dan Clark's assertions not withstanding.

Gary
    Why not?
    It is a good way to make sure that the 3 contenders race among themselves. No reason to give Helio a boost.

Dan Clarke wasn't the only one saying it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Why not?
    It is a good way to make sure that the 3 contenders race among themselves. No reason to give Helio a boost.

Dan Clarke wasn't the only one saying it.

More unattributed "sources". Who this time Mario Dominguez? Neel Jani?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    More unattributed "sources". Who this time Mario Dominguez? Neel Jani?

Gary
    It's obvious your comments toward this poster are personal, no issues with that. But, do you understand the principal of "conspiracy"? It doesn't take some specific person or groups of people to suggest it publicly to be a theory. What do you need for Al Speyer, Robert Clarke or Tony George to come out and say it? Roger Penske? Scott Dixon? Here, I said it first...it is my theory. Is that credible enough for you? Come on man, lighten up...it is a very relevant possibility regardless of who says it, doesn't say it, agrees with it, disagrees with it, etc. True?
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    It's obvious your comments toward this poster are personal, no issues with that. But, do you understand the principal of "conspiracy"? It doesn't take some specific person or groups of people to suggest it publicly to be a theory. What do you need for Al Speyer, Robert Clarke or Tony George to come out and say it? Roger Penske? Scott Dixon? Here, I said it first...it is my theory. Is that credible enough for you? Come on man, lighten up...it is a very relevant possibility regardless of who says it, doesn't say it, agrees with it, disagrees with it, etc. True?

I never said it wasn't possible. I said I didn't belive it to be true. But my comments to the "reporter" were about neither of those points. They were about his reporting that it was said by someone, without his saying who.

Gary