Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bathurst 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Taped it, just watched the the 4 hrs I slept through.

Cracking racing, incidents, drama and controversy.

I think it would be harsh if Whincup gets penalised. Racing incident. Bargwana braked way too late and never wanted to give an inch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84MapnVdNBs
    Whincup just made a poor decision. Instead of switching to the inside (touching bargs & unbalancing his car in the process) he should have stayed on the outside, tried a switch back on the exit getting a run up the inside leading to the first corner. Just shows that Whincup isn't quite a Lowndes or Skaife yet when it comes to out & out racing. It was just a racing incident & nobody should get penalised.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by macksrallye
    Whincup just made a poor decision. Instead of switching to the inside (touching bargs & unbalancing his car in the process) he should have stayed on the outside, tried a switch back on the exit getting a run up the inside leading to the first corner. Just shows that Whincup isn't quite a Lowndes or Skaife yet when it comes to out & out racing. It was just a racing incident & nobody should get penalised.
    I 100% agree with you on the fact that Wincup is quite at Skaifes or Lowndes level. But i can't belive how much pace Skafie and Murphy were getting out of the Sprint Gas Racing Commodore, in the final laps Murphy was so agressive (as was Wincup against bargs) to Holdsworth, Lee was defending like crazy in final laps to hold of Murphy.

Also, that was one of the best V8 races in recent memory.