Page 248 of 252 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2514

Thread: Name that Car 2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penske15
    and another......

By penske14
    some of you were real close. whew!! finally put something up that didn't get nailed to the wall in 5 minutes.

ANSWER: this is the 1991 truesports judd driven by geoff brabham at i indianapolis. it's a fairly unique car in that it has a shell of carbon over a carbon tub. bobby rahal picked up the truesports project for the 1993 season and quickly abandoned it due to the inability of the team and driver to find a common baseline setup and massive tub flex. poor offseason gains in testing were also a major factor in dumping the american entry just three races into the season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    and the last one for tonight y'all.

By penske14
    ANSWER: this is the 1991 patrick racing lola alfa romeo driven by roberto guerrero. after being villified by the seriously injured kevin cogan ,it came to light by amateur video that cogan did in fact cause the accident that took himself and guerrero out of the 91 indianapolis 500. mr. cogan had no comment.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here's another.

By penske14
    ANSWER: this is the chaparral cosworth tc driven by al unser at the second ontario event for 1978.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    aaaaand another. i'll be the first to admit that this is not fair but.....i wanna see how up you guys are.

By penske14
    this Is Frederico Careca in 1994 at Anderstop. it was vey common even into the early 2000s' to outfit older indycars to run can am style fenders in other series including A.I.S., CAN-AM and a few other local and regional series. there is a video of this car being destroyed in this race on roys memorial.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good photos - for what it is worth - the "Chapparral" has come up before - it is definitely a Lola - it was just listed wrong on the entry list.... I am not sure how modified it was at that point - but you can still see the Lola sticker on the nose too....

So, I guess the Truesports car did not qualify for the 500 and he ran a Lola instead in the race or is the Champcarstats wrong on that??

So what was the series the fendered car ran in? it actually looks pretty cool that way......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    good photos - for what it is worth - the "Chapparral" has come up before - it is definitely a Lola - it was just listed wrong on the entry list.... I am not sure how modified it was at that point - but you can still see the Lola sticker on the nose too....

So, I guess the Truesports car did not qualify for the 500 and he ran a Lola instead in the race or is the Champcarstats wrong on that??

So what was the series the fendered car ran in? it actually looks pretty cool that way......
    to the best of my knowledge(chuckle chuckle) every listing i've ever seen for the unser car lists it as a chaparrel. i saw the lola sticker, didn't know what to make of it. it's news to me that it is ACTUALLY a lola.

both truesports chassis qualified and raced in the 1991 indianapolis 500. the number 19(of pruett) and the 21 (of brabham).

i do believe that the kit bashed lola was in a european can am type series. i don't know exactly but i can find out.

**edit ** it's called "interserie" it appears that it is run in europe with older indy and formula cars with an equivilency.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Since this thread has been quiet for a while and we have been talking about "new" ideas etc. Here is one to try

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that's the first rear engined car to run at Indy. Unfortunatly I can't remember much about it. I want to say it's in the late '40s?
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Since this thread has been quiet for a while and we have been talking about "new" ideas etc. Here is one to try
    Nice Car Chris.

Year- 1949
    Driver- Bill Taylor
    Car- Rounds Rocket-Offy Rear Engine
    Track- Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Lee Oldfield built a rear engine car in 1937 powered by a Marmon engine and Miller built a rear engine 4 wheel drive Indycar in 1938
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Phoenix has it!

The Rounds Rocket was definitely not the first rear engine car at Indy - but it was the first post war rear-engine car anyway(as far as I know...)......

your turn!!