Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No Red Bull/Bourdais Combo

Talk of Sebastien Bourdais coming to AGR with Red Bull funding was apparently just that. Instead of going to court, or funding Sebastien in the ICS, Torro Rosso has paid Bourdais his contract plus damages.

We all knew a settlement was coming. Those F-1 contracts are iron-clad chastity belts and Torro Rosso knew they were owed him time or money. There are increasing rumors that Seabass is coming back to America, and it surely won't be to race NASCAR. The rumors have probably picked up speed now that Doornbos has left an open seat at NHL.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see that Sebastian has won one of the Superleague races this weekend.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78394

I think he's still hoping something in F1 will come up, but his time at Torro Rosso was unimpressive and he's not what F1 would consider young anymore. I hope he considers coming to Indycar because I do think he's a pretty good racer and his somewhat prickly personality can add something to the series. His rivalry with PT was pretty entertaining.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    I see that Sebastian has won one of the Superleague races this weekend.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78394

I think he's still hoping something in F1 will come up, but his time at Torro Rosso was unimpressive and he's not what F1 would consider young anymore. I hope he considers coming to Indycar because I do think he's a pretty good racer and his somewhat prickly personality can add something to the series. His rivalry with PT was pretty entertaining.
    i'll be very surprised if he does well on the ovals. i know he's won a couple but he always looked twitchy on them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penske15
    i'll be very surprised if he does well on the ovals. i know he's won a couple but he always looked twitchy on them.
    The man excels in on any paved course. He would pick ovals up again in a heartbeat. Seabass in ICS is a nessicity for the depth of the field.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would not mind seeing Seabass back IF and ONLY if we can have someone who is willing to put the chrome horn on him now and again, if you know WHO I mean.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMHO we will never see him back in american racing. Its widely known that his wife did not like living in America, and we all know who makes the final decision on a move. We will see him doing these type of races, and probably making just as much money as he would in ICS.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheckterfan54
    IMHO we will never see him back in american racing. Its widely known that his wife did not like living in America, and we all know who makes the final decision on a move. We will see him doing these type of races, and probably making just as much money as he would in ICS.
    If he doesn't race in ICS next year full time, I'd expect him in a third NHL car for the I500 minimum.
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheckterfan54
    Its widely known that his wife did not like living in America, and we all know who makes the final decision on a move.
    That's not entirely accurate. She didn't like living in Tampa, but when Seabass started his career in this country they couldn't afford a decent lifestyle in New York City, now they can. While Sebastien has kept his house in Tampa, which I expect has more to do with the market than with desire to relocate there at this point. It would make sense to me that he and his wife would settle in NYC, which is much more cosmo, has good community of French ex-pats and rivals any city in Europe.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS
    That's not entirely accurate. She didn't like living in Tampa, but when Seabass started his career in this country they couldn't afford a decent lifestyle in New York City, now they can. While Sebastien has kept his house in Tampa, which I expect has more to do with the market than with desire to relocate there at this point. It would make sense to me that he and his wife would settle in NYC, which is much more cosmo, has good community of French ex-pats and rivals any city in Europe.
    Either that, or they could move to Montreal if she would like to keep the language.
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS

I can understand not liking living in Tampa. The weather is nice and all that, but not exactly the most happenin place in Florida. It's great if you go to bed by 7:00. Maybe the retirement coast would be a good place for a former F1 driver.

Personally, I'd rather see any of a host of younger drivers get a full time ride ride in Indycars than seeing SB return. Despite his obvious success, I just never saw anything he did that created a wider fan base in Champcar and I think he would do even less for Indycars.
    HINCHTOWN!!