Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Will anyone really miss Piquet? Thought not. Next...

(Not that I think his replacement will set the world on fire, though I would be pleased to be proved wrong.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell

(Not that I think his replacement will set the world on fire, though I would be pleased to be proved wrong.)
    I think Arrows and I were really looking forward to Jr. kicking some Asturian butt. Problem is that Flavio never allowed that to happen and as a result Jr. never got comfortable with his car. I know that Nelson has a lot of talent and his GP2 races showed a racer full of potential.

Hate to say that Ron Dennis could have been right about Renault taking a dump on their #2 drivers and breaking them down to bits. Nelson has to look for a different team and hopefully proves himself in F1.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I will. He showed he's got balls and made some brave moves. many other drivers on the grid never showed half of that.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Electron makes a valid point.

The number two Renault and Mclaren seats are as toxic for a driver today as the number two seat was at the great Lotus team.

It is inevitable that a team concentrates on drivers that have huge potential.

It will nevertheless be interesting if Kubica or Rosberg move to Mclaren for 2010.

I agree with Hans Stuck that Mclaren should release Kovaleinen and install Kubica beginning in Valencia 2009.

That Piquet is gone is a pity on the one hand because he was one of the most fan friendly drivers, communicating with comments and pictures via Twitter.

Hamilton is also one of the drivers that is nicest to his fans. This is a big positive for Lewis - I am not a supporter of Hamilton.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    If Piquet can get another chance then Bourdais ought to as well.

But neither should be placed in 2010 above a driver such as Nico Hulkenberg.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Looks like Flav is going to lend Piquet to Ferrari, No??
    No, Daimler. He is going to throw Piquet in front of one of their trucks!

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I think Arrows and I were really looking forward to Jr. kicking some Asturian butt. Problem is that Flavio never allowed that to happen and as a result Jr. never got comfortable with his car. I know that Nelson has a lot of talent and his GP2 races showed a racer full of potential.

Hate to say that Ron Dennis could have been right about Renault taking a dump on their #2 drivers and breaking them down to bits. Nelson has to look for a different team and hopefully proves himself in F1.
    I somewhat agree...to a point. Despite all of that, he was still erratic on the track and was guaranteed to have a moment in practice, qualiy or the race every weekend. Whether that comes down to nerves, pressure or ability is anybody's guess. Alls I know is that he could have done slightly better.

that being said, I'm willing to give him another shot outside of the Renault/Briatore situation and judge him then.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    Electron makes a valid point.

The number two Renault and Mclaren seats are as toxic for a driver today as the number two seat was at the great Lotus team.

It is inevitable that a team concentrates on drivers that have huge potential.

It will nevertheless be interesting if Kubica or Rosberg move to Mclaren for 2010.

I agree with Hans Stuck that Mclaren should release Kovaleinen and install Kubica beginning in Valencia 2009.

That Piquet is gone is a pity on the one hand because he was one of the most fan friendly drivers, communicating with comments and pictures via Twitter.

Hamilton is also one of the drivers that is nicest to his fans. This is a big positive for Lewis - I am not a supporter of Hamilton.
    funny how you would mention mclaren who have had a history of equal driver treatment (98% of the time) and not mention Ferrari who took that #1 driver thing to new heights.

At least in Mclaren, Kovy got to win a race and although not getting the preferential treatment at the moment, still is treated with respect and allowed to compete.

Look at the Mclaren situation and compare that to Brawn GP who cleary disenfranchise rubens costing him 2 race wins, or Renault who don't give a sh!te about Piquet, and it is almost a disservice to mention mac's in the same league. Even in the Hakkinen days, DC was still winning races. Alonso and Hamilton were treated as equals, Kimi and Montoya were treated as equals. The #2 at Mclaren is far from toxic, so please state to me how you came about that conclusion
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    funny how you would mention mclaren who have had a history of equal driver treatment ...
    Yeah, right!

Maybe when Bruce McLaren was around.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    With 10 laps of fuel on board while others went 20-25!
    On a similar fuel load he would have been 10th at best even with Felipe injured!
    He was still aiming for a top 5 finish using a 3 stop strategy and clean air. His pace suggested that he might have been able to do it as well, and thats definitely a big improvment on where Renault were 4 races ago, which was outside the top 10.

Cant say that I'm sorry to see Piquet go. You dont expect to see much from rookies at the start, but after a year and a half I would expect big improvment and there hasnt been any.