Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Felipe Massa now speaking, moving his limbs

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...XEFzQD99MVP4O0
    BUDAPEST, Hungary — Formula One driver Felipe Massa was awake and talking to family members Monday, making significant improvement after his high-speed crash two days earlier.
    The chief surgeon at AEK hospital said Massa is now breathing unassisted and moving his limbs. In addition, a drain from his skull wound was removed.
    Chief surgeon Lajos Zsiros said the 28-year-old Brazilian is groggy but able to answer questions. Zsiros says further improvement can be expected.
    Massa is "sleepy but he gives adequate answers to questions we ask him and he gives spontaneous answers to questions we ask him," Zsiros said. "Further improvement of his condition can be expected."
    Zsiros said Massa didn't have a fever and remained in stable condition in the military AEK hospital's intensive care unit alongside family members, which included his pregnant wife Anna Rafaela.
    Massa crashed into a protective tire barrier at 120 mph Saturday during qualifying at the Hungarian Grand Prix and was near death for two days.
    "Felipe is awake. He's very well and everyone is very happy with his condition," Massa's family doctor, Dino Altman, said. "He wants to know what happened to him and he answered some questions."
    Altman ruled out Massa being transferred from Budapest, with doctors suggesting Massa would have to remain at least a week to 10 days.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    The heros are the surgeons that have saved him. If not for their skill and dedication he would be dead.

It is about time a sport such as f1 recognize what these people do - some sort of award would be good.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    And we already have a thread about this too.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Excellent news indeed but should this not go in the Massa injured thread like ioan said?
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nice news about Massa's health!
    I'm very happy for him.
    Although, I'm wandering if he'll take part again in F1
    Any news about it?
    ..speed with no limits..
    fan of Kimi Raikkonen and Mikko Hirvonen:champion:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    On the first post, doctor suggest him would have to remain only for a week, GP Valencia will be more than three weeks to go.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Good news!
    Formula 1

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...XEFzQD99OAUAO0
    Brazilian driver and friend Popo Bueno said Massa had asked about his chances of racing in Valencia in three weeks, the next race on the F1 calendar.
    Family doctor Dino Altman said Massa was surprised to hear that McLaren's Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian GP and that Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen was second.
    "This was my race," Massa said, according to Altman, adding that the driver was able to remember some details of the qualifying session in which he crashed.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’