Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Void

0 0%
  • Void

0 0%
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am four months into my setanta sub, if they aint got nascar then as far as I am concerned they are in breach of contract and I will cancel my direct debit. They can do what they want after that
    #48 Jimmie Johnson 2007 Nextel Cup Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have no problem per se with NASN if they have genuinely lost NASCAR coverage - yeah of course I'm selfish I hope they get it - i'll be gutted if they don't but I won't hold it against them - I didn't hold it against the BBC when ITV beat them in a bidding war for F1 - thats just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes
    for me this is about how they have handled there customers throughout this whole affair - If there was a statement even just saying something along the lines of :
    "we're in negotiations with ESPN/SETANTA
    Due to their imminent takeover etc being reviewed by regulators etc Because ESPN have the international rights etc etc
    30% etc of our viewers we estimate are NASCAR fans and we do not take this lightly
    the following scenarios are possible: In order of NASN's preference
    1) We get coverage for sunday
    2) We get coverage from March 1st/April 1st for example
    3) We get coverage once NASN = ESPN - estimated to be .....
    4) We definitely have coverage from Brickyard 400 - ESPN begin US coverage
    5) It is unlikely we will have any coverage."

Now I realise a lot of that is presumptious and wild but just a bit of detail in the format of one or two of those sentences would have appeased me substantially more.
    Anything either/or over the phone/on the website would be better than the way they are handling it at present.
    The thing is at the moment it is certain they must know more than they are saying which itself implies they could be hiding something, which implies that it could be they have lost coverage rights and are blagging us all for as long as we will fall for it.
    I hope I'm wrong but companies have done far worse!
    Come to think of it I've had nothing but problems ever since Setanta took over NASN - wrong subscription charges, bad programming errors - you name it they've messed it up over the last few months.
    Thats why I can't help but have a negative/pessimistic view of Setanta right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On a related TVU note, can someone help me out here... I've installed TVU on my machine, and it plays great on the PC monitor. But when I plug it into the TV (S-Video out on graphics card, to SCART adapter, or directly to S-Video in on my DVD recorder) I get the picture sharply enough but in black and white.

Any geniuses here know what I'm doing wrong?
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Your PC is outputting NTSC and your TV doesn't support it... ?
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nah, it accepts NTSC, but I've found the problem; ATI catalyst software was having a bit of an attack but I've fixed it now..
    However, I've got a new problem... If I play a downloaded movie file e.g. the Bud Shootout from the other day, it will play fine on the TV. However, if I try and watch a TVU channel, I get the TVU player interface but not the video. I can see the video playing on my monitor but I just get a blank box on the TV with the channel list etc. etc. as normal. Same if I go full screen; works fine on the monitor but just a blank screen with the interface on the TV. Strange...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    its posibly because the graphics card works streaming video differently to videos on your hard drive. i've no idea how to fix that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just saw in my sky+ programer: Daytona 500 on 00.10-03.00 early monday morning.Good news.
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    its posibly because the graphics card works streaming video differently to videos on your hard drive. i've no idea how to fix that.
    It's a weird one. Stuff streamed on Youtube for example plays on the TV fine. I can force the TVU picture to play in Windows Media Player by doing File->Open URL in WMP and entering http://localhost:8901 as the URL, but I think it loses a little quality...

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I've seen a situation on my laptop where the video window (even MS Media Player) is blank on the TV, but showing the video on the LCD panel. If I close the lid, or select output to TV only, then I get the video on the TV.

Its something to do with the way the screen is addressed for video playback. You'll probably also find that if you try to grab a frame using Print-Screen, the capture will have no image in it!
    http://photos.spa-networks.co.uk/photos My photos (inc Santa Pod Easter Thunderball, April 2011)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    try using VLC player.