Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    In fairness to Nico it was his first season, and Webber's fifth.
    I agree. Mind you, Nico hasn't really had a decent team-mate since then, so it would be nice to see him up against someone good now to gauge just how good he is. Until then, the jury will be out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    anyone who thinks Heidfeld "easily" beat webber at williams is a fool, it was a very even deal, Webber beat Heidi easily in qualifying but in the races Webber was still in the middle of his "wild years" and threw away a fair few points whereas Heidfeld was more consistant, but to suggest that either drive dramatically got the better of the other either has a poor memory or just doesn't like the other driver because it was very even, but webber had an obvious edge in outright pace as his qualifying record against heidfeld showed
    I agree. Quick Nick is a talented driver that should have had a lot more success. Perhaps it was because he never got the chance that perhaps he deserved but it speaks volumes that he regards Mark so highly.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would have thought it was more or less a case of Seb being too amped up before the start of the race and adrenalen got the better of him as he got over excited and made a mistake.

It's hard to say that he cracked under the pressure Jenson was putting on him after only half a lap of the GP, no driver in the world can apply all that much pressure in the space of half a lap....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    I would have thought it was more or less a case of Seb being too amped up before the start of the race and adrenalen got the better of him as he got over excited and made a mistake.

It's hard to say that he cracked under the pressure Jenson was putting on him after only half a lap of the GP, no driver in the world can apply all that much pressure in the space of half a lap....
    I don't think it's correct to say that the pressure Jenson put Seb under made him go off.

i think it's fair to say that he was slightly past the edge of his car and ability in his efforts to keep the lead.

In a way, that is the pressure he put on himself rather than the pressure from behind

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/8098165.stm

LOCKING HORNS WITH VETTEL
    I'm enjoying my battle with my team-mate Sebastian Vettel this year.
    It's the first time I've had someone so quick as my team-mate, and I've always said that's what it's all about - at this level, you want to compare yourself to the best guys.
    Vettel is hot property at the moment and he's done a great job to get where he is but there's just a point and a half between us in the championship.
    If he's down the road by 40 seconds at the end of a grand prix and I've done my best, I can't do anything about that, and it's the same with him - he did his best in Turkey and it wasn't enough.
    It's going to be like that for the rest of the season. There'll be weekends when I do better and weekends when he does but the most important thing is that we get the best out of the car.
    People ask me if I feel under pressure, but I think there's more pressure on Sebastian.
    Webber (behind) is enjoying his battle with team-mate Vettel

In people's eyes, I'm not supposed to be doing what I'm doing. People think he's the new Schumacher and should be hosing it, but it's good that's not the case.
    I don't feel any more pressure than when I'm driving for 10th or 12th. There's no pressure to prove anything to anyone but myself.
    The last two or three races have gone well for me and less well for Sebastian but things are fine between us.
    When you qualify a bit better and some of the races don't go your way, which has been the case in the last three races with Sebastian, you can get frustrated. I've been there.
    For the Red Bull team, it's uncharted waters having two drivers who are equal and fighting each other.
    It's a bit early in the season to throw in your lot with one guy. You could throw it all in with Sebastian but he crashed in Monaco so you've still got to give both cars the best chance to get the best result possible.
    In terms of the championship, at this stage you have to let the drivers do what they do. In Turkey last time out, the team just let us get on with it, which is good.
    If Sebastian was 25 points ahead of me now it'd be a different ball game but he's not - we're both still trying to close the gap on Jenson Button, which is proving pretty difficult.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Yea' Babe :
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M Webber
    I'm enjoying my battle with my team-mate Sebastian Vettel this year.
    It's the first time I've had someone so quick as my team-mate,...
    Liar!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Originally Posted by tintop
    I hope that Mark gets energized by being this close. Vettel will likely have a lot of cracks at the title, but this might realistically be Mark's last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    They have no chance whatsoever this year for the drivers title, maybe the constructors one given how poor Ruby is driving every 2nd GP.
    Funny how things change in just a few races! mokin:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintop
    Funny how things change in just a few races! mokin:
    TBH I hope they snatch both titles this season, but the road will be long and difficult.

IMO the RedBull car is a much better one than the Brawn and only the interpretation of the definition of a hole gave Brawn an rather dubious advantage.

And both Vettel and Webber are at least one level above the BrawnGP drivers in terms of driver skills.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    TBH I hope they snatch both titles this season, but the road will be long and difficult.

IMO the RedBull car is a much better one than the Brawn and only the interpretation of the definition of a hole gave Brawn an rather dubious advantage.

And both Vettel and Webber are at least one level above the BrawnGP drivers in terms of driver skills.
    I'm not sure about that. I have been one of the worst detractors of bunsen over the years; Let's see how things go when the tracks are warmer and of course, Mark regains his fitness.

This will be an engrossing tussle.

And wouldn't it be funny if Rubens won the next race.

This is a very interesting year in F1 - a battle for the title between two teams who have not won a single race before. OK! Bunsen did win one race for Honda some years ago, I'll concede that.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout