Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rah
    The US economy is far larger than China's economy. ...
    Umm...

...China's economy will nut surpass the US economy anytime soon ....
    Umm...
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Why does it have to take a couple of generations? The plans I've seen have us on the moon no later than 2025. That sounds very do-able. I'll be 41. Then we can be on Mars about a decade after that. ....
    Not even close my friend.
    As previously mentioned, we don't even begin to have the technolgoy or the resources to execute a manned trip to Mars any time soon.

We'll all be pushing up daisies long before any human sets foot on the red planet, and by that time all of our planet's resources will be stretched to the limit just to accommodate our exploded population.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Umm...

Umm...
    Just had to check my figures to make sure I didn't miss anything. The US economy is bigger than Japan, China and Germany combined. I think China will take a while to catch up. China's economy fundamentaly relies on the US economy. You could even say that a substantial part of China's economy relies on Wall Mart.

Just had to check my figures to make sure I didn't miss anything. The US economy is bigger than Japan, China and Germany combined. I think China will take a while to catch up. China's economy fundamentaly relies on the US economy. You could even say that a substantial part of China's economy relies on Wall Mart.
    Umm... where do you think that the U.S. sources it's cash loans to finance their economy...?

The Chinese own Wall Mart.

Liked 648 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Why does it have to take a couple of generations? The plans I've seen have us on the moon no later than 2025. That sounds very do-able. I'll be 41. Then we can be on Mars about a decade after that. Not multi-generational at all. These time can also come down a bit, if we "activate" other nations. And profit is a good "activator". There is profit to be made, if you look hard enough.
    I was commenting on the Buzz Aldren’s article you placed a link to.
    That is what I thought this discussion was about.
    His stated goal in that article is to colonize Mars!
    Long time bra!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan H
    The difference between the Russian and American moon projects were that the Americans were willing to take a risk, the Russians wanted a perfect system before attempting a moonshot. The Americans took shortcuts and it paid off handsomely for them.
    No the Russian system quite literally blew up on the pad! I don't remember the date right off hand, but it was just before Apollo 8, December '68.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    Not even close my friend.
    As previously mentioned, we don't even begin to have the technolgoy or the resources to execute a manned trip to Mars any time soon.

We'll all be pushing up daisies long before any human sets foot on the red planet, and by that time all of our planet's resources will be stretched to the limit just to accommodate our exploded population.
    It can be done sooner. Check out the following sight.

http://directlauncher.com/
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I was commenting on the Buzz Aldren’s article you placed a link to.
    That is what I thought this discussion was about.
    His stated goal in that article is to colonize Mars!
    Long time bra!
    To colonize Mars will take a looooooooong time, I'll grant you that. But it doesn't have to be that long to get there. Check out the link above that I posted in my response to schmenke. It can be done. Now do "We" have the will is the question.