Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ELMS at Lydden and Warneton this weekend

Don't forget that the European Late Model Series makes its debut on english soil this saturday at The Lydden Hill race citcuit on the Oval.

Practice starts at 12:10 with the first of three races shortly after.

We should see 17 cars out with, amongst others, Colin White making his debut in the series.

At the end of racing on saturday a mad dash across the channel to warneton for the racing on sunday, which should again see 17 cars out. I will be making my competive debut on a purpose built short oval.
    Paul
    Ambulance Service Benevolent Fund Car #39 :spin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, muggins here will be at Lydden - provided some camera issues are sorted out between now and then.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    Well, muggins here will be at Lydden - provided some camera issues are sorted out between now and then.
    You can borrow my box brownie if your short of a camera
    Paul
    Ambulance Service Benevolent Fund Car #39 :spin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubie
    Don't forget that the European Late Model Series makes its debut on english soil this saturday at The Lydden Hill race citcuit on the Oval.
    I'd Love to come, but Lydden is such an awful long way to go - so sorry chaps... but let us know how it goes
    2009? wriggly-wriggly for MSVR
    2010? the same unless something of interest returns to "The Rock"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i know it's quite close to me, but i cannot make Saturday...... so good luck to all on the day and sorry i can't get to see my many good friends who will be there.

Maybe i'll come Belgium one weekend !!
    "Don't wait for your ship to come in..swim out and meet the bloody thing" Barry Sheene 1950-2003

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I got back from Lydden half an hour ago.

Had a horrible drive back home, took me nearly four hours; 6-car pile up on M2, accident involving a bus on the Dartford crossing, car fire on M11 and torrential rain that you wouldn't believe.

But...

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the racing, and the earful of V8 rumble is still making me smile. On a short-ish oval, the Ascars and Camsos are a good mix - the Camsos are light, fast and loose, while the Ascars are heavier but handle much better. The racing was close and frantic, and a few certain someones had a magnetic attraction for the same patch of tyre wall all day - a couple of guys had more than one bite at it.

Driver of the day?

That's actually a tough one as a lot of the boys out there done good...

I think I'd have to give it to Lee Maddox though - with a bit more confidence and a bit more luck I think he'd do well. I thought his performance in the final (in leading and then holding on to second place for so long before his fuel pressure went) was absolutely outstanding.
    Scrumpy, scrumpy, scrumpy, SLEDGEHAMMER!!!
    Colin and Keith: the WHITE Stuff! :up:
    SCSA Pickems Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good to see you today Witty, you did seem to be enjoying yourself and your driver of the day.....Lee Maddox, might go by another name, might of had a message on the rear of the #99, might be out in a repainted #99 at ipswich.....yes he did do well

Cool

Duane
    REVOLUTION RACING

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sounds like you had quite a trek home saturday witty! You should of jumped in colins bus and come over to warneton for sundays race. I never nearly made it to sundays race as they left me in the chip shop at folkstone! Cheers for coming to watch, it wasn't just an easy 40 mile drive for you! Ipswich will be a little closer!
    A nice big middle finger for you sonny!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A big well done lee, and unlucky, sounds like the #99 ghost has returned!!!!!!!
    Theres only 1 Tony Hurdle, 1 Tony Hurdle, theres only 1 Tony Hurdleeeeeeeeee