Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="anthonyvop"]
    IndyCar needs help.........NOW.
    QUOTE]

Ok, go start another thread and tell us what sort of help you would give them. I'm tired of people b!tching about things and not putting forward solutions.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the announcers twice said 42k in attendance
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    QUOTE]

Ok, go start another thread and tell us what sort of help you would give them. I'm tired of people b!tching about things and not putting forward solutions.

whats equally annoying is the folks that take individual problems and explain them away ( or accept them, see brazil) one by one and fail to look at the big picture
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken

whats equally annoying is the folks that take individual problems and explain them away ( or accept them, see brazil) one by one and fail to look at the big picture
    You saying I'm doing something like that? If so what would you like a better explaination on?
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The tickets were sold out for this race they said it was standing room only, but Iowa is a smaller facility only 40k+ seats. I imagine it would have done maybe 50-60k if they had more grandstands set up.

I thought the racing was good, small ovals like this and Milwaukee have had much better action than the big ovals and the road courses. Anyone if ABC got any decent ratings for yesterday?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chuck34, don't hold your breath waiting on anthony to offer any sort of possible solution. Expect him to play the "I am a reporter" card any moment now.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only 20 cars started.
    13 finished
    Only 4 on the lead lap.
    Boring oval.

On the positive side the Stands did look full. Andbody know the attendance figures?
    Boring oval? At least there was passing, wheel to wheel racing (not as often as I would prefer, obviously), and the occasional 3 wide, not to mention some crashes (don't like them, but it adds to the action). Also, clearly Iowa is a drivers race track, AKA you'd never see Scheckter and Wheldon making outside passes like that on Red & White cars at tracks like Indy, Texas, Kansas, ect.

That being said, still better than the boring street parades we saw at the beginning of the year, with little or no passing at all. I'm not defending all ovals, because lets face it Kansas & Texas were sleepers, but we should hang on to these short ovals because they are the only venues RIGHT NOW that are producing somewhat exciting racing. I think Iowa has been the most exciting race of the year, so far.

By the way, IndyStar today reported that next year, 2 road courses will likely be added to the schedule, one in Brazil, and the Skip Barber Road course, at the expense of 1 oval currently in the series. The rumor is that the oval would be Milwaukee (according to IndyStar), but my question is, WHY Milwaukee, when the stands were practically full at the race? Why not dump Kansas, where the attendance was lower than Indy qualifying??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was very depressed and disappointed by the oval races this year, save Milwaukee, which I attended in person, and I was not looking forward to this race. I am a big fan of oval racing but have been underwhelmed by the oval racing this year and those ovals did nothing but provide fodder for the elite road course lovers/oval haters to spew their poison; poison that so far has been deserved. Having said all that... the next thing I have to say is HALLELUJAH for IOWA !!!!

What a great race. The cars were mostly side by side though out the race and traffic made it impossible for the leader to run away. There were good green flag pit stops even though there were several caution periods due to the tight racing conditions. 4 cars on the lead lap ? WHO CARES !! ??? It's a short oval ferchrissake ! The majority of the field SHOULD be lapped, but lapped cars were not out of the running by any means. 13 cars running at the end ??? Embarrassment ? Hell no. That's more than half the field running on a track I would classify as a bull ring short oval with superspeedway banking.

The crowd was electric, HUGE, and enthusiastic and all in all I would say this was a very successful event. CONGRATS IOWA SPEEDWAY

I guess I should come to expect the negative hater speech from those with an agenda no matter how good the product, it will always come forth. I think I would have a coronary and die if the haters out there ever gave credit where credit was due.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Chuck34, don't hold your breath waiting on anthony to offer any sort of possible solution. Expect him to play the "I am a reporter" card any moment now.

Gary
    ......and one who posts prominently on a hater forum we all know exists but laugh at on a regular basis.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Gary
    No breath holding here.