Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh
    I'm happy to see that you are not arguing the other points.
    Because they were not realistic and I didn't want to lose my time.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    (...) ...that was all Enzo....the same Enzo whose 'spirit' you admired.
    Respected -- there is a difference. He built the team and the company from nothing (Ferrari entered part way through 1950, basically a garage operation back then).

What has Montezemolo ever done to earn anyone's respect (being born with a fancy last name doesn't count)? Au contraire, he doesn't seem to respect anyone else.

Anyway, there is little point arguing this.

Respected -- there is a difference. He built the team and the company from nothing (Ferrari entered part way through 1950, basically a garage operation back then).
    He also employed Di Montezemolo.

What has Montezemolo ever done to earn anyone's respect (being born with a fancy last name doesn't count)? Au contraire, he doesn't seem to respect anyone else.
    Ridiculous. I don't agree with Luca's current view, but his achievements deserve respect. He has overseen the two most successful periods in Ferrari history, and also is recognised as having organised a succesful World Cup.

Anyway, there is little point arguing this.
    Don't type bollocks then.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Not knowing what he's like as a person, I don't respect him. But one surely has to recognise the success he has achieved at Ferrari, not just in recent times but also in the 1970s when he and Niki Lauda made such a powerful team, and accept that it's impressive.