Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    My comment that a Mini isn't a Mini unless it's made in Birmingham was a joke...
    Sorry but I disagree... it may well have been intended as a humorous anecdote to provoke laughter... however the inclusion of the 'Nuff Said' nonsense at the end turned it into a statement.... and an erroneous one at that hence my correction.

As for the infantile car stickers on some Mini's, well it shows the owners to be ignorant of the fact that the Classic Mini was produced under German ownership so some Mini's at least are part German.

I find this misplaced hostility to German ownership of MINI a mystery... I rarely if ever see such xenophobic rubbish directed at German ownership of Bentley, or Indian ownership of Land Rover and Jaguar or Malaysian owner of Lotus or American ownership of Vauxhall

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I read somewhere ages ago that the reason that the Cooper F1 team didn't switch to the Ford Cosworth DFV was because of their BMC/Mini links - their inability to source a competitive engine (their aborted 1969 racer was to use a sportscar Alfa V8) must surely have played some part in their demise?

Maybe somewhere in a parallel universe a pair of Cooper-BMWs took to the track at Monaco this weekend.

I've just read that back to myself and it makes no sense at all, but what the hell
    Careful - it's thinking like that that got Max to where he is today!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    Why....? it is neither French or a Renault and the Smart For2 is not celebrating 50 years of production.

You may have been nearer to an analogy if you had said 'Ferrari celebrate The Fiat 500 at the Italian GP'
    Oops, wrong eco-car. And the 50 year thing was just a joke.
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    I find this misplaced hostility to German ownership of MINI a mystery... I rarely if ever see such xenophobic rubbish directed at German ownership of Bentley, or Indian ownership of Land Rover and Jaguar or Malaysian owner of Lotus or American ownership of Vauxhall
    Who says it's hostility to BMW? I personally don't like the car, and that wouldn't change if my favourite uncle had hand crafted it. The Germans make some fine cars which I happen to like, they also make the occasional dog.

I understand you really love the Mini, your user name is proof enough, but don't lable those who disagree as xenophobic, infantile, angry or uninformed as you have done in this thread.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what

ever

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I find the opprobrium being directed here at anyone who dares to criticise the new Mini really quite amazing. It's merely an opinion about a car. What's the problem?