Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member The instant classic's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Toronto has always been a happening, party, plus the race on a pretty good track. Toronto probably has more ethnic restaurants than any other city, although it is not as safe as it used to be. Stay away from the Jane corridor.
    However there just does not seem to be the hype this year. I understand the local clubs who supplied most of the workers are upset and up to a few weeks ago not even been approached to help. This may have changed but I haven't seen anything positive on the CASC web site. I have not checked the individual club sites.
    I will probably be at Mosport May 9/10 and may find out more. Weather can be dicey at this time of year and I had enough of miserable wet cold races as both a driver and wrench. A couple of years ago the early May race got snowed out!
    i use to live very close to jane street i know what that mess it like
    i agree with that no hype this year, but even when champcar races in Toronto i never seen that much hype, last time i was there in 2007, half the fans couldnt tell you who the drivers where, only PT, and if PT doesnt show up for this race, i cant see Toronto hyping this up
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    You have to really love street races, as you only see them go by when they are in front of you, or on the big screen. Better even more from the pits.

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but Daytona, especially the 400, is awesome. But, be prepared to walk and wait. The traffic is terrible unless you stay near the track and walk it.
    last time i saw a street race, the spot i was standing at wasnt bad, i couldnt see the big screen, unless i went to buy a hat t-shirt etc they had tv set up, but i still liked my spot.. ok lets be honest my spot was next to the champcar girls and it was raining and they where wet and at the time i was single, so yeah every guys dream doies come true

omg my gf is so leaving me for saying that
    Thats The Way Of The Road.Thats The Way She Goes.Sometimes She Goes Sometimes She Doesn't Go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The instant classic
    last time i saw a street race, the spot i was standing at wasnt bad, i couldnt see the big screen, unless i went to buy a hat t-shirt etc they had tv set up, but i still liked my spot.. ok lets be honest my spot was next to the champcar girls and it was raining and they where wet and at the time i was single, so yeah every guys dream doies come true

omg my gf is so leaving me for saying that
    Your going to have to control yourself. You can't keep saying things like this infront of the girlfriend, they won't stop getting you in trouble.

This is what I have learned about relationships.

The girlfriend/wife is happy? I am happy.
    The girlfriend/wife is mad? I am mad.

Take that to heart.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamoo
    Your going to have to control yourself. You can't keep saying things like this infront of the girlfriend, they won't stop getting you in trouble.

This is what I have learned about relationships.

The girlfriend/wife is happy? I am happy.
    The girlfriend/wife is mad? I am mad.

Take that to heart.
    na im just playing around, she even knows that, we have so many inside things, she always says to me, "im gonna run away with Ryan Briscoe"
    and i make a comment about the champcar girls and we both have a laugh
    more of the inside joke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The instant classic
    na im just playing around, she even knows that, we have so many inside things, she always says to me, "im gonna run away with Ryan Briscoe"
    and i make a comment about the champcar girls and we both have a laugh
    more of the inside joke

Or so she WANTS you to think...

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.