Page 160 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 601101501581591601611621702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 14986
    Liked 2,849 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    But there is a very positive report in Autosport published today, basically it says that ISC have woken up to what rally fans have been saying for years. Rallying (at WRC level) needs to return to its roots where amatuer drivers, who may have saved and spent their own money can enter and driove the same rallies as the works drivers, where rally routes are not cloverleaf and can include a 'night away from base' remote servicing, and that rallies should have their own identity and dont try and mimick the 'paddock with a service park' If only the suits had listened at the time and not wake up a smell the coffee now. My fear is that whilst all this sounds good, is it too late?
    Also says that whilst ISC are sad to loose Monte from 2010 WRC calendar they will make every effort to get it back in 2011 when the "new" wrc is launched. I have to laugh when 'new is used to refer to non cloverleaf, night time rallying'
    Just like in Sweden where a more private and local but anyway national series of rally championship has made a good progress with a lot more participants than the official swedish championship developed during the last years. The series called Supercup has used a traditional way of rallies far from todays more PR related events.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD
    2 questions:

1.) Will Mikkelsens Skoda be one of Kongsruds?

2.) Does anybody know who will run Lorenzo's Impreza WRC? Aimont Racing?

Mikkelsen will not start in Sardinia even he is on the entrylist.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Why?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Sorry if I upset anyone, but Russia and Indonesia are not a loss. Monte is though - how on earth have the WRC managed to lose it?

TRUE.....Russia and Indonesia are not a loss from WRC

But why would Monte want to come back after they were able to run a proper rally in 2009 with a thing called night stages!!!! (they are a stage run when the sky goes black).........remember them?
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    No Russia, Indonesia and probably no Monte Carlo in WRC 2010 calendar.
    http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...c_290409a.aspx
    Why not profit the reduce number of rallies for 2010 (for now only 9, but who knows how many more will run off) in order to anticipate the introduction of the winter calendar and S2000 ???

Will the sport benefit with one more year of Citroën’s and Loeb’s bothersome domination ???

Wake up Mr. Mosley !!!
    It's urgent to get more manufactures and top drivers into WRC !!!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power
    Why not profit the reduce number of rallies for 2010 (for now only 9, but who knows how many more will run off) in order to anticipate the introduction of the winter calendar and S2000 ???

Will the sport benefit with one more year of Citroën’s and Loeb’s bothersome domination ???

Wake up Mr. Mosley !!!
    It's urgent to get more manufactures and top drivers into WRC !!!
    No winter calendar - it's been knocked on the head - ISC asked all the major broadcasters who weren't keen. Citroen & Ford aren't happy - I don't know why - it was a stupid idea.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    No winter calendar - it's been knocked on the head - ISC asked all the major broadcasters who weren't keen. Citroen & Ford aren't happy - I don't know why - it was a stupid idea.
    We have only 3 teams and maybe they are the problem for the current WRC problems. F.I.A, Ford and Citroën, which are the 3 teams which want a
    "paddock with a service park" like the F1.
    To all Drivers move to IRC and leaves these 3 teams, let them burst with their idiot ideas.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 43 Times in 16 Posts
    Solberg out of Sardinia?? No explanations given..

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=163751

MJW
    According to Norwegian media Petter says he has entered Sardinia but not stated what car he will use. Also as a private entrant he can wait to May 11th to enter. I think the entry list published last week may make people assume that Petter wont be at Sardinia. It may ofcourse be correct that he is not entered........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A new car on cards??Hopefully...