Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Um.......Kudos to Danica.

Can't believe I'm doing this but, uh, she was damn good today. She was stuck between two of the fastest street course guys and held her own pretty darn well.

Guess I'll cut you some slack for at least a day or two, DanicaFAn

Great job by the lady.
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bblocker68
    Can't believe I'm doing this but, uh, she was damn good today. She was stuck between two of the fastest street course guys and held her own pretty darn well.

Guess I'll cut you some slack for at least a day or two, DanicaFAn

Great job by the lady.
    Although race strategy played a large part in this I must agree with you and give her recognition. Now, if only she and Michael could get a personality I believe I might even cheer for them.
    Derek Daly is da man!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    her strategy got her to the front, but once she was there she was running with those guys. She seems to be actively trying to better herself on street courses which is a comendable thing and appears to be paying dividends. I don't like Danica's attitude, I do believe Milka Duno was spot on when she said "you love show!" and I really hate it how she feels the need to stamp her feet, push people out of the way and get into fights with other drivers if things don't go her way, but she seems to be actively trying to fix that part of her personality too! So congratulations to her, i'm all for anyone who actively tries to be a better person and better driver and she is doing her best and it seems to be working.

Good on Will Power too, couldn't have been easy to change cars mid weekend, get an inexperienced crew to run your car, have no radio or telemetry to sort out your strategy in what is a massive strategy sport, and all the while knowing your out of a drive, to still bring it home in second was impressive.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hey how's about a little parity & have a few 'kudos' threads for other drivers? Just askin'.. I mean it's not like this driver's the only one who had a fair race, or who's ever finished in 4th place. What's the big deal? it's what they're paid to do, it's expected.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Danica and the rest of the AGR guys did a great job of recovering from a horrific qualifying effort. They must have done some magic overnight on those cars because those weren't the same cars they qualified.

I think Hideki would have been right up there too if he hadn't gotten tangled up in some mess.

Great drive Danica !!! I was very impressed when she showed the pace sandwiched between two great road racers (Franchitti and Power). It took pit brilliant pit strategy to get her up front, but it took driving talent to keep herself there. GREAT GREAT DRIVE
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elis
    Hey how's about a little parity & have a few 'kudos' threads for other drivers? Just askin'.. I mean it's not like this driver's the only one who had a fair race, or who's ever finished in 4th place. What's the big deal? it's what they're paid to do, it's expected.
    Not every other driver has the haters that Danica attracts so I think this thread is completely appropriate to give her her due for her great efforts on Sunday
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Very suprised, thats probably the best i've seen her drive on a road course,
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's alot to be said about alternate strategies on streetcourses. Great job by her team, and by her for staying quick, and keeping it on the track!!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, good job by Danica & a round of applause to those that were big enough men to give her credit when she did a decent job. Cheers!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You get stuck in these cars, especially on road courses. You gain or lose positions on pitstops, it doesn't matter really what team you drive for now (unless your Carpenter or Barrett, sorry guys) and you get stuck. Can't pass unless the person in front of you screws up, and vice versa. It's just the way the cars are - low powerbands, no variety in speeds, everyone is following everyone else because that's all they CAN do. Unless it rains, the racing is bland.

That being said, Patrick did well because she finished. We all know she's in a great car, but she kept it off the wall, and through pit strategy got a top 5. I really think that in this day and age anyone can get a top 5 on a road course, if they have the right things fall into their laps. So yea... Kudos to her.

I think yesterday showed us that this new formula can't come soon enough... current formula is NOT conducive to street racing.

Also I believe that right now Indy is the only place where the unexpected still occurs, although rare nowadays.