Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting note from Higgins re grip. Perhaps with Kumhos or BF Goodrich the Impreza is a different beast...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    woah! big mistake by me sorry, misread the live timing site.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Donnelly can be well pleased with himself.

Sorry that he went off, but that's what happens when the pressure is on.

Liked 63 Times in 23 Posts
    Yeah great drive from Donnelly, I was seriously impressed. I knew he would be fast...but that fast first time in the new car, woah!!!

And by the way, some kick ass rally!!! Cant wait for Rally Ireland!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I must admit, I was impressed with Donnelly speed, nobody expected to have Donnellly in a fight for first position, even you, Irish fans. To be in a so close battle with Markus, is proving, that Irish drivers are quick on home tarmac. But, to be a first class driver,you must take a pressure and not to make a mistake and Donnelly made a mistake....sorry! So for me he is still a very fast local driver-if and when he will be so close to Markus&Co on WRC events, OK, this will be another story. On home corners it is much easier.
    ucci

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jure dvorsek
    I must admit, I was impressed with Donnelly speed, nobody expected to have Donnellly in a fight for first position, even you, Irish fans. To be in a so close battle with Markus, is proving, that Irish drivers are quick on home tarmac. But, to be a first class driver,you must take a pressure and not to make a mistake and Donnelly made a mistake....sorry! So for me he is still a very fast local driver-if and when he will be so close to Markus&Co on WRC events, OK, this will be another story. On home corners it is much easier.
    I said it on this forum if donnelly was used to the car he wouldnt be far off the lead and he did what i expected and alot of people thought he would be up there. I have to disagree about the accident because eugene has being driving flat out the last few years with out an accident his last crash if im right was the sabatoge in cork so I think he is entitled to of had an accident,accidents dont always happen to do with pressure but when your driving on the edge at the limit flat out your bound to have one. so your saying when sebastian or gronholm or solberg crash its to do with pressure like sebastian last year when he went of and re joined on super rally rules he went of because of pressure, Donnelly is good enough for most of the drivers when the wrc hits Ireland.
    I dont think he can match sebastian on tarmac but then again give him a car that is ment to be the best on tarmac like the xsara and see what happens the subaru is ment to be miles behind citroen and ford on tarmac dont forget that, I know donnelly choose the subaru himself but still anyone is entitled to one off in a few years
    ES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sills
    I said it on this forum if donnelly was used to the car he wouldnt be far off the lead and he did what i expected and alot of people thought he would be up there. I have to disagree about the accident because eugene has being driving flat out the last few years with out an accident his last crash if im right was the sabatoge in cork so I think he is entitled to of had an accident,accidents dont always happen to do with pressure but when your driving on the edge at the limit flat out your bound to have one. so your saying when sebastian or gronholm or solberg crash its to do with pressure like sebastian last year when he went of and re joined on super rally rules he went of because of pressure, Donnelly is good enough for most of the drivers when the wrc hits Ireland.
    I dont think he can match sebastian on tarmac but then again give him a car that is ment to be the best on tarmac like the xsara and see what happens the subaru is ment to be miles behind citroen and ford on tarmac dont forget that, I know donnelly choose the subaru himself but still anyone is entitled to one off in a few years
    I'd agree, he isnt a crasher but he does push, not counting Cork in 03 I think his last retirement from an off was the Circuit of Ireland in 02, not a bad record
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    I'd agree, he isnt a crasher but he does push, not counting Cork in 03 I think his last retirement from an off was the Circuit of Ireland in 02, not a bad record
    thank you for backing me up on this
    ES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was higgins on pirellis??

It's amazing that Kumho's tyres are so good in comparison to Michelins after we saw that Pirelli was 100 percently out of competition for three full year.

It remains to see if Bf Goodrich will react for rally ireland. I think that they have still superior potential due to F-1 work of Michelin.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Was higgins on pirellis??

It's amazing that Kumho's tyres are so good in comparison to Michelins after we saw that Pirelli was 100 percently out of competition for three full year.

It remains to see if Bf Goodrich will react for rally ireland. I think that they have still superior potential due to F-1 work of Michelin.
    I think the whole WRC will react after this test in Ireland. Interesting points are that a) Ford had to raise the ride height and soften the suspension of the Focus from its usual WRC set up.
    b) Kumho's certainly did work - BFG will no doubt react in time for Rally Ireland, and c) Pirelli seem to have been a handicap.