Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Aren't Skoda and PSA selling cars to customers? And Proton and MG might enter as an official team ?
    Official team in which category IRC or WRC? IRC in my opinion is still the obvious choice for a new manufacturer entering the sport as there just isn't the same amount of paperwork involved as there is with the WRC. The only way to judge the success from either championship is to get feedback from the manufactures themselves.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughMac
    You're forgetting Opel who already have a car built and has its paper work sorted out during the week. Wheter the intention was to build the car with just the IRC in mind is still to be confirmed. As for Skoda entering the WRC are VW not developing an S2000 Scirocco? and Renault had also expressed an interest in developing an S2000 Megane if the WRC went with S2000 or even S2000+. Then again these plans were on the board before the recession really hit home.
    VW is lobbying for 1.6T diesel so don't expect it to be in WRC before 2013, Opel is also in very bad financial situation and has there been any real involvement from the factory while developing Corsa S2000? Renault on the other hand would be intresting one if they really come to rallying, they tend to do things for real in what ever they decide to do.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Ok, I meant WRC.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    Would be nice with Renault involvement, or they could use the Dacia brand to represent Renault in rally. The Logan S2000 has been tested, and works !
    It works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BP2uAvxDj0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would just love to see a bunch of manufacturers jump in... honda, toyota, & vw...

obviously it wouldn't probably happen... but could you imagine watching rally with 7 manufacturers that are all serious about winning on a new car design... the S2000 would get pushed to the limits a bunch of IRC drivers would get sucked up... i'd be so amazed...

i really hope loeb stays in with the new cars... i'd be so disappointed if he did....

Liked 29 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    VW is lobbying for 1.6T diesel so don't expect it to be in WRC before 2013, Opel is also in very bad financial situation and has there been any real involvement from the factory while developing Corsa S2000? Renault on the other hand would be intresting one if they really come to rallying, they tend to do things for real in what ever they decide to do.
    VW is one of the wealthiest manufacturers out their at the minute (got to do with some issue with Porsche buying shares or investing or something.....). It would probably make more sense for them to enter the Scirocco in the WRC as soon as they can. They could just use the motor from the Fabia which has had a hell of a lot of testing and drop it in. The VW name is on the world scene and they could develop the diesel engine for rallying in private. I would'nt be surprised if PSA were doing the same with their Citroen S2000 project, just carry over the internals and probably floorpan from the 207. As for manufacturer involvement there really hasn't been since the beginnning of the world rally cars. PSA Peugeot/Citroen and Skoda have been the only two true manufacturer groups in the last twelve years and every other brand has used private contractors.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Would be nice with Renault involvement, or they could use the Dacia brand to represent Renault in rally. The Logan S2000 has been tested, and works !
    It works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BP2uAvxDj0
    Renault could use the new Dacia Sandero S2000, according to Italian forthnightly SportRally magazine. http://www.sportautomoto.it

Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    Apologies guys for the delay in replying..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]
    The problem is that after making current S2000 sllower, their existence lost sense. They are three times more expensive then gr.N and if they are equal on speed or slower noone buys them. Without selling standard S2000, there will be no S2000+ either and the only result would be that all manufacturers will be hung up for wasting money on useless development.

The other problem is that S2000 uses standard gearbox and loosing 500 rpm means loosing cca 10 km/h of top speed. Do You like top national level rally car with top speed of 155 km/h (Abarth on sixth gear @ 8000 rpm)?
    Manufacturers will still have to build S2000 cars anyway should they wish to homologate a WRC car.. There should be still people out there to buy them and if not, they could just use their 25 homologation cars and upgrade them to turn into customer WRCs..

Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    I now see what you are saying. WRCS2000 cars will not be allowed to run outside the WRC. Lets say national level. Or even IRC if it survives.
    So 2 cars would have to be developed.
    WRCS2000 = 8500RPM, modded aero kit
    IRC and other rallying S2000 = 8000RPM standerd aero kit.

So what is the FIA's reason in slowing S2000 cars, and introducing a new WRCS2000 car.
    The reason is to keep the World championship on top (as it should be in my opinion) with the fastest cars

..but with that said the new spec of WRC must be made available to customers and ASN's must make the decision to allow them in the various championships.

Getting back to what was mentioned earlier, It is tricky to run two sets of rules on one international event but it can be done. For example the Jim Clark Internation where ITRC and BRC have run to different rules but ran as one rally

Quote Originally Posted by racer69
    Exactly. WRC has never been F1, look what has happened lately when it has tried to be!

We need the same rules for national championships, regional series and the WRC. That is what will fill the fields and get the interest back into the thing. It means more places for manufacturers to sell their cars for starters....
    Bingo More local compeditors with top class cars the better eg. RI 2007 lots and lots of WRCs

Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    My understanding was that VW wants to run to the Diesel S2000 regs that excist for circuit racing and just drop in a WTCC Seat Diesel engine into their Sirroco.

Opel have had some involvement with the Corsa but more to make sure that the quality of car that bears the company name is high as it isn't a fully fledged factory effort..

Dacia canned the Logan project because it apperantley the people in marketing and the like didn't think that a €168,000 Logan reflected the companys cheap and cheerful image..
    I'm very surprised by the image above but skecptical.. Photoshop maybe and is this mag a reliable source?

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    I would love to see the Dacia S2000,would probably become my favourite

Liked 11,214 Times in 4,451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bf1_IRL
    Manufacturers will still have to build S2000 cars anyway should they wish to homologate a WRC car.. There should be still people out there to buy them and if not, they could just use their 25 homologation cars and upgrade them to turn into customer WRCs..
    You can clearly see in current WRC state that this doesn't work.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump