Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I've seen him race and I'm not sure he's got what it takes.

Fast driver for sure but not outstanding enough. Just doesn't have the "it" factor.

I await to be proved wrong.
    and i doubt you will be proved wrong.

He reminds me a lot of Jan Magnussen. Mega hype but lacking the final few pieces of the jigsaw to live up to that hype.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    and i doubt you will be proved wrong.

He reminds me a lot of Jan Magnussen. Mega hype but lacking the final few pieces of the jigsaw to live up to that hype.
    It's rare for a relative to live up to the benchmark.

NP jr has never really shown anything suggesting him suitable for a F1 seat. Senna is only there because of his name IMHO. Nico is not doing a bad job but that's the only one. Then we have Ralfie who IMHO had the ability but never the application to match his brother. You can pick others such as Greg the Mansel boys etc but nothing really of note.

I do see a spark in Henry Surtees and Andrew Jordan is rapidly becoming a bit of a star in BTCC.

That's about it.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    NP jr has never really shown anything suggesting him suitable for a F1 seat. Senna is only there because of his name IMHO.
    That's a bit unfair, I reckon. Their famous surnames have been hugely beneficial but both drivers have shown talent behind the wheel. Their GP2 performances compare well with those of Kovalainen, for instance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    That's a bit unfair, I reckon. Their famous surnames have been hugely beneficial but both drivers have shown talent behind the wheel. Their GP2 performances compare well with those of Kovalainen, for instance.
    And the point is

Seriously though, Bruno was good last year but had a great tem under him.

His fragility to do the business towards the end of the season is akin to a Boxers "weak chin" but then again, so did Georgy.

I just didn't see enough to inspire me. That's all.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Magnussen dominated F3 and JYS stupidly (in hindsight) said he was better than Senna.

Don't particularly remember Bruno getting enormous hype about his talent - more to do with his surname. I'd say Nelsinho had more hype than Bruno.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    the interesting thing about Bruno is the speed he has got up to speed, given the relatively small amount of racing he has had compared with his couterparts, and he also has a certain something in the wet.

i'm not going to claim he is anything like his late uncle in terms of talent, but there is a spark or something there and i don't think we've seen the last of him.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    the interesting thing about Bruno is the speed he has got up to speed, given the relatively small amount of racing he has had compared with his couterparts, and he also has a certain something in the wet.

i'm not going to claim he is anything like his late uncle in terms of talent, but there is a spark or something there and i don't think we've seen the last of him.
    He leaves with the opposite impression. He showed potential in F3 but not in GP2. He drove for one of the best teams, fighting for the championship but seemed to run out of ideas. Brundle is critical of his own career and readily admits that his battles with Senna in F3 elevated him to a higher level. I never really saw that with Bruno whereas drivers like Buemi could create something from nothing.