Page 141 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 41911311391401411421431511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 14986
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    That's a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing :\

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    That's a whole lot of words to say absolutely nothing :\
    Exactly, so what was the outcome of this meeting. What is the way forward for this struggling sport? Nothing except it was a good meeting............

Well how about getting the sporting side sorted before trying to make money. That's why the sport is in the mess it is in now - they made all these changes to make it popular and make money - er, didn't work. Go back to about 10-15 years - that's more how the WRC should be. This isn't F1....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Go back to about 10-15 years - that's more how the WRC should be. This isn't F1....
    I totally agree. Rally is a marathon not a sprint, bring back the four day events.
    I will be rich, as soon as I invent a machine that can punch a man in the face over the internet.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Exactly, so what was the outcome of this meeting. What is the way forward for this struggling sport? Nothing except it was a good meeting............

Well how about getting the sporting side sorted before trying to make money. That's why the sport is in the mess it is in now - they made all these changes to make it popular and make money - er, didn't work. Go back to about 10-15 years - that's more how the WRC should be. This isn't F1....

You remind me of the grumpy old man who used to work with me. Never an original thought in his head or a positive word from his mouth. Been there thirty years "been there, seen that, done that, it failed, so let's not bother!"
    I didn't really like him much either.

Making a success of something like this is very rarely about reinventing the wheel. It's about looking around you and taking elements of best practice from other areas, then taking the assets you have and working with them.

The past failures in our sport have generally not been practical failures but political ones. We have the basis for a fabulous sport and if as suggested there is a desire go work together to take it forward, then surely this can only be good news. Add to this togetherness ISC's stated desire to invest heavily in the product and we truly have a bright future ahead.

Still, there was always be the grumpy old synic in the corner looking for everyone to fail. Sad really.

Liked 1,791 Times in 424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally_Rocks
    You remind me of the grumpy old man who used to work with me. Never an original thought in his head or a positive word from his mouth. Been there thirty years "been there, seen that, done that, it failed, so let's not bother!"
    I didn't really like him much either.

Making a success of something like this is very rarely about reinventing the wheel. It's about looking around you and taking elements of best practice from other areas, then taking the assets you have and working with them.

The past failures in our sport have generally not been practical failures but political ones. We have the basis for a fabulous sport and if as suggested there is a desire go work together to take it forward, then surely this can only be good news. Add to this togetherness ISC's stated desire to invest heavily in the product and we truly have a bright future ahead.

Still, there was always be the grumpy old synic in the corner looking for everyone to fail. Sad really.
    You know sometimes when I am reading AndyRac comments I think that you are actually my wife with secret name:-P
    Be more positive! Look out from the window. Sun is shining! or.. It is raining so nicely! .. or clouds are so beautiful today!
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    Look, I'll be positive if there's a reason to be. This is/was a fantastic sport - and can still be, but only if the right decisions are made. What was wrong with the sport before all these changes were made? The people in charge weren't making enough money - so they decided to change the sport to make money. Look were we are now. That's the reason why I'm grumpy about the WRC, however I'm positive about the IRC - which isn't perfect either, but has more positives than negatives.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Any kind of progres for our sport we like is good..

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally_Rocks
    You remind me of the grumpy old man who used to work with me (...)
    You’re not being fair to Andy…
    Even Guy Frequélin, that hardly could be seen as a "grumpy old cynic", has his doubts about the FIA rally governance:
    "Vous avez vu le plateau de ces Boucles ? Incroyable ! Je pense qu'en voyant une telle chose, la FIA devrait comprendre qu'elle n'a pas fait évoluer ses réglementations dans le bon sens ces dernières années... Sincèrement, ce samedi, je pense qu'il y aura plus à voir lors des Legend Boucles de Spa qu'au Rallye de Norvège !" http://www.speedactiontv.be/Guy_Freq...e_-2021-3.aspx

PS: maybe the lack of conclusions of this seminar is due to the proximity of next WMSC…
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts
    And for us that have a slight challenge with french:
    http://translate.google.be/translate...e_-2021-3.aspx