Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Of course even IRC is spectacular if driven on snow. But on gravel not to mention dry asphalt they are far from spectacular.

I have witnessed well driven IRC car in live and it was nothing compared wrc's. At least in NORF wrc's has been very spectacular.
    Hmmm, who/where did you see the "IRC car" live?

Disagree on the gravel handling. Dry asphalt, I am closer to agreeing but then current WRCars are not spectacular on dry asphalt either.

Liked 1,263 Times in 684 Posts
    For spectacular action you need more power than grip - neither WRC's or S2000's have that.
    WRCars are fantastic pieces of kit - but, basically, have killed the sport. The prices for them are just crazy - that is one of the main reasons Manufacturers left/wouldn't join. If the price can be capped for the S2000's then I'd go for them - whilst they aren't perfect - the amount of Manufacturers with them is a good sign. At the moment, I almost don't care if they are milk floats, so long a we get lots of different cars/drivers entering - that can only be good for the sport.
    Rally Ireland - 36 starters, 2 Works teams - hardly the sign of a healthy sport, is it?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Rally Ireland - 36 starters, 2 Works teams - hardly the sign of a healthy sport, is it?
    It is guaranteed any "team" will score points now with only 2 points scorers from each team and only 4 teams. Even Aava and Rautenbach scored points this weekend despite not actually completing the whole rally!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    For spectacular action you need more power than grip - neither WRC's or S2000's have that.
    By your definition finnish group F must be the most spectacular form of the sport.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBW_xWja9I

Nothing wrong with group F but if you are spectating in actual rally and watching those machines after wrc-cars you feel bored. Part of the excitement is to see the car cornering, braking and accelerating with massive forces and massive speed. I have been in finnish national rallies and Norf and always, always wrc-cars gets the folk most excited. The on-road charasteristics of wrc-cars are wrong thing to blaim for lack of action in our beloved sport.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    By your definition finnish group F must be the most spectacular form of the sport.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIBW_xWja9I

Nothing wrong with group F but if you are spectating in actual rally and watching those machines after wrc-cars you feel bored. Part of the excitement is to see the car cornering, braking and accelerating with massive forces and massive speed. I have been in finnish national rallies and Norf and always, always wrc-cars gets the folk most excited. The on-road charasteristics of wrc-cars are wrong thing to blaim for lack of action in our beloved sport.
    What we need is a cross between WRCars/S2000 and Group F.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Hmmm, who/where did you see the "IRC car" live?
    Anton Alen in NORF. And don't say he was too slow. Alen may not be the fastest guy in IRC but in fast gravel he has been second only to Hänninen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Not bad idea.

Hopefully there is competent people excecuting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Subaru might reenter WRC in a few years..
    Word is that prodrive have already started development but on a very tight budget.
    Somebody managed to take a pic: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5...4d18c72kl8.jpg

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Ah so Subaru definately goes 2WD (or 1WD?)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urabus-denoS2000
    Ah so Subaru definately goes 2WD (or 1WD?)
    Also Loeb was seen testing the new WRC format Citroen vehicle..
    He doesnt look happy with it and will look to retire from wrc and try something else.
    He said that it was too slow and easy to drive.
    http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9...9resizeqf2.jpg