Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Ticket prices

NA$CAR tracks are slashing ticket prices in 2009.

Daytona's cheapest ticket for the 500 drops from $99.00/each down to $55.00.

Other tracks are also reducing prices by as much as 25 to 50 percent.

Looks like everyone involved with NA$CAR will be tightening their belts this year.

Only time will show if this helps attendance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK. So. All I need now is...... flights from UK, food, accomodation, transfers. Hmmmm...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    OK. So. All I need now is...... flights from UK, food, accomodation, transfers. Hmmmm...
    Yeah, that still sucks. I can't imagine trying to do it from the UK. Flying cross-country here is enough of a financial burden.

But... for the locals that couldn't even afford to go to their own neighborhood tracks because of sky-rocketing ticket prices, the dropped rates are a good thing. NASCAR would do good to bring back that home-town track feeling for the locals, that sense of pride and excitement at watching the race come to your own back yard. That's been lacking - at least at my local track anyway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont forget also the terrible exchange rate $1.40 as opposed to almost $2 to the £1 this time last year.
    Nevertheless im going to Vegas race in march and cant bloody wait.last year went to california and then onto vegas so ive had to cut back.My original intention for this year was california,vegas& atlanta but with added concern of job security i'm sticking to vegas only for 5th consecutive year.Hopefully i'll win on the slots enough to fund another race trip later in the year and finally see Kyle win on his home track

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    One day, you ought to make it to Atlanta Motor Speedway...

It offers the fastest track (no restrictor plates) currently.

After driving AMS @ speed (~ 165mph), I have a much higher regard for the NA$CAR drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    Dont forget also the terrible exchange rate $1.40 as opposed to almost $2 to the £1 this time last year.
    Nevertheless im going to Vegas race in march and cant bloody wait.last year went to california and then onto vegas so ive had to cut back.My original intention for this year was california,vegas& atlanta but with added concern of job security i'm sticking to vegas only for 5th consecutive year.Hopefully i'll win on the slots enough to fund another race trip later in the year and finally see Kyle win on his home track
    Still dreaming i see lol !!

We are off to Daytona again next week for speedweeks.. had to alter our original plans of stopping in Daytona though due to it being so expensive cause off the crap exchange rate.. cheaper Lake Buena Vista it is !!

With a bit of luck i WONT be seeing Kyle win though !!!

All being well its back to Vegas for us next year-- cant believe its 3 years since we were last there.

Jackie x
    Roll on the 2009 Daytona 500!!!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earnhardt8

We are off to Daytona again next week for speedweeks..

Jackie x

Hate is such a strong word, but/.......... Oh ok, have a great time. Jealousy is so ugly....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hate is such a strong word, but/.......... Oh ok, have a great time. Jealousy is so ugly....
    +1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmr2
    The rate is killing me. I was going to make a point of going to a race this year. As the last time i went was in 2000 and when i was 14. Daytona or Bristol would have been my first choice But ive had to put my plans on hold.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i did Bristol in March 2006. Its a long long way, 13 hours of travelling on 2 flights to Knoxville then a 2 hr coach trip to the track - 3 hr back.

Worth every penny and I met some really cool guys from Alabama.