Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
    I was slightly frustrated that they quit covering the cars with the helicopter before they got to the snow. I wanted to see the snow.
    They showed the cars in the snow But the helicopter did have to move down the mountain due to low cloud which was explained on the telecast
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow...i couldn't DISAGREE more with the original poster....

Helicopter cam's are ok for once and a while otherwise they make the cars look way to slow especially on tarmac... the heli views in WRC in new zealand are cool cuz they show the dirt flying up due to something called torque... S2000 cars really don't need anything making them appear slower or even more under powered...

some of the inside the car views are horiably placed and don't show the road at all.... not enough road side camera views... and need exterior mounted cameras...

the intro guy stumbles all over the place and called the IRC the intercontenital rally CHAMPIONSHIP... doesn't even know his own crap...

nobody wants to see live footage of 1 out of 3 stages... we want to see action packed highlights of all three...

seriously, horriable production...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    these stages cannot be the same ones used in the WRC when they were in MC... they might as well be on the interstate... the roads are SOOO straight...

once they got up into the snow/mountains it got slightly more curvy, but by then they were driving like grandmas around hairpins...

seriously, i love rally but come on... i just can't believe i'm mostly alone with my observations...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torsen

Helicopter cam's are ok for once and a while otherwise they make the cars look way to slow especially on tarmac... the heli views in WRC in new zealand are cool cuz they show the dirt flying up due to something called torque... S2000 cars really don't need anything making them appear slower or even more under powered...

some of the inside the car views are horiably placed and don't show the road at all.... not enough road side camera views... and need exterior mounted cameras...

the intro guy stumbles all over the place and called the IRC the intercontenital rally CHAMPIONSHIP... doesn't even know his own crap...

nobody wants to see live footage of 1 out of 3 stages... we want to see action packed highlights of all three...

it's his first time doing IRC commentary, he does many other championships and does them quite well.

Yes it could have been better but the WRC coverage is a lot worse and the commentary is a lot worse also. I'm sure the bugs will be ironed out for the next round. Considering this is new for Eurosport I think they did well.

You seem to be in the minority here, people want to see stages live and not crappy highlights packages like we get in the WRC.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    these stages cannot be the same ones used in the WRC when they were in MC... they might as well be on the interstate... the roads are SOOO straight...

once they got up into the snow/mountains it got slightly more curvy, but by then they were driving like grandmas around hairpins...

seriously, i love rally but come on... i just can't believe i'm mostly alone with my observations...
    The third stage was used in the WRC in the last few years. The others I don't think have been used for a while.

I think all of today's stages were used last year, while the first stage of the third leg also hasn't been used for years.

People who are going to correct me if I'm wrong: am I right?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Lol.

I can only agree with you on two points.

- The incar camera angles on some of the cars certainly do need work, especially Vouilloz's car.
    - I too would like highlights of all the stages, but they did show some brief footage from stages 1&2 at the beginning of the programme and there was a highlights programme last night (albeit only 15 minutes) but at least that was a report of what actually happened and not the ridiculous scripted nonsense you see on the WRC highlights when they are reading "as live" something which happened 7 hours ago. On balance, I would rather have one live stage per day and a small roundup of the other stages than just highlights.

S2000 cars are neither slow, nor look slow. They are somewhere in between WRCs and classic Grp Ns on pace. I am pretty sure some of the 'stars' in some of the 'teams' in WRC couldn't have won Monte SS3 yesterday, even driving their WRCars. The footage was good to watch, they were doing some nice sliding on the wide flowing section near the start in particular and I find helicpoter footage much more revealing than watching just one or two static cameras by the roadside.

The commentary was not perfect, but not bad either. He made some mistakes, but you have to remember there is no script. Try giving Paul King of WRC fame no script and then try to present the WRC programming!

The stages, stage 3 was quite wide and open at the beginning but you also had twisty sections and some snow. Rallying is all about variety, or so it should be. You will recognise the more classic Monte stages such as Col de Turini on Friday night.

On balance, I think live programming is the only way to make rallying appealing to the general population on tv. It has huge potential, imagine the last stage of a rally where 3 or 4 drivers are fighting for the lead, they can switch between them all throughout the stage comparing splits, it could go down to the finish line and you could see it live! Of course, that might not be possible in WRC where the winner is usually decided after one or two stages and the gaps are minutes and not seconds.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    http://videos.eurosport.com/irc/irc-player.shtml

Why is this not working on my PC? Any idea's?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally something to agree on. the IRC (italian/french tarmac championchip) is to boring. If you played the video with some calm music, it would appear as a travel program or something. some cars crusing along in the hillside.

s2000 are lame and rally with these looks stupid on tarmac

At least bring on some desent cars like M3 and 911

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    http://videos.eurosport.com/irc/irc-player.shtml

Why is this not working on my PC? Any idea's?
    Try a different browser. Doesnt work in firefox for me.

I like live stages like this. With onboard+helicopter+road side.
    Only thing wrc showed live was short ss.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gard
    Finally something to agree on. the IRC (italian/french tarmac championchip) is to boring. If you played the video with some calm music, it would appear as a travel program or something. some cars crusing along in the hillside.

s2000 are lame and rally with these looks stupid on tarmac

At least bring on some desent cars like M3 and 911
    Disagree. I take it you didn't watch the live stuff yesterday? Have you not seen any WRC tarmac events recently? They slide even less, despite introduction of a tyre designed specifically to make the cars slide and dropping front and rear active diffs.