Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playmo
    The opinions the drivers should be disregarded and cars made simple (transmissions, suspension, engine, everything performance-wise) and very safe, period. If some drivers (Loeb included) don't like it, then get the heck out! there will be plenty lining up to drive (and maybe risk ther arses a little too much)
    Is it really economical catastrophe if cars are made little more powerfull (from 300hp to 380hp)?
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playmo
    The only good thing that came with this economical crisis is that FIA and it's "associates" need to keep regulations simple so costs can be finaly cut down, ONLY JUST to keep championships alive.
    The opinions the drivers should be disregarded and cars made simple (transmissions, suspension, engine, everything performance-wise) and very safe, period. If some drivers (Loeb included) don't like it, then get the heck out! there will be plenty lining up to drive (and maybe risk ther arses a little too much), maybe many will never beat world records on wins, championships or points, etc but i assure you that they will provide what we all crave: show! great driving!, sideways action!, tight leaderboards!.
    I hope costs could be cut more, as more teams could join world-wide series as IRC or WRC or even better, both!
    Great post from playmo, Too much guys here keep on dreaming about the current wrc cars. Back to the roots from rally, that is what we need. mokin:

http://paradise.motorsportforum.com/...d.php?t=131168
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,370 Times in 713 Posts

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    You only have to watch onboards from WRC to realise that there is something in what Kris says. They are very sedate.

I would like to see the rules get back to the point where the drivers who have a bit of flair and attacking style are the ones who succeed. S2000 is very good for this, they have to be taken by the scruff of the neck to get the best out of them. When a WRCar looks spectacular, that usually means it isn't very fast.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a question..
    Why are these new cars - fiesta, c3 smaller, class below todays WRC base cars?
    Cant they make focus and C4 s2000?
    Its gone all the way from beasts of groupb to cute small compact cars.
    And how comparable is the power of the cars to wrc?
    No more sideways action I guess? If its going to be slow precise driving with cute cars I dont want to watch that

Liked 11,208 Times in 4,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sasamsa
    I have a question..
    Why are these new cars - fiesta, c3 smaller, class below todays WRC base cars?
    Because S2000 regulations are way more strict than WRC and it's hard to put down the weight from bigger car.

Cant they make focus and C4 s2000?
    They can but smaller car would be better.

Its gone all the way from beasts of groupb to cute small compact cars.
    All S2000 cars are much bigger than MG Metro 6R4 or 205 T16. Even it doesn't look that way, Audi Sport Quattro was the same length as Corolla S2000 and only 130 mm longer than 207 or Punto. Except huge bumpers, all S2000 are also biger than Peugeot 206 WRC.

And how comparable is the power of the cars to wrc?
    WRC have some 80-100 Hp more and few dozens of kilograms more.

No more sideways action I guess? If its going to be slow precise driving with cute cars I dont want to watch that
    Is there ANY sideways action with WRC today on tarmac? I haven't seen any. Just watch some Monte Carlo testing videos to compare with previous years. You definitely won't see less sliding even though these are only standard S2000 cars, not S2000+ with turbo.

Peugeot:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x81...tecarlo-2_auto
    http://www.youtube.com/v/KFZFTEvBaqs

Škoda:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7z...as2000ii_sport

Abarth:
    http://www.youtube.com/v/nPU-IqTKHfY
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well all these videos are on snow.

This is funny bit from the article (http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=7591)

"In a S2000 car the man on the street would find it very difficult to drive at 70% because it will feel like the car is not working."

I think that because of reduced power everybody will drive like Loeb..
    With more power at least you can get back to speed faster and power out of corners faster.

In Clarkson's voice: "Power Power!"

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    I would like to see the rules get back to the point where the drivers who have a bit of flair and attacking style are the ones who succeed. S2000 is very good for this, they have to be taken by the scruff of the neck to get the best out of them.
    I'll second that. It's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to it.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    With more power at least you can get back to speed faster and power out of corners faster.
    Is that a good thing though? That only helps the weaker drivers.

I agree with Mirek.. even without their turbo torque, and even if Monte is dry asphalt I expect to see more sliding from the S2000s this year than the WRCs previously.

S2000s may have less torque, but they also have less clever differentials than WRCars which does make them look more agile. That is why S2000Turbo could be the best of both worlds, as long as the rules stay the way originally intended.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe that this is going to be a change having less impact than when they ended up with Group B.
    Spectularity will not be lost, costs will fall down, so it may be the smartest decision, untill costs and speed raise again...