Page 94 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 448492939495961041441945941094 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Perhaps the best thing for the WRC would be for there to be no WRC this year. I'm fairly certain there will be nothing left in 2010
    How do i get a feeling that you seem a bit pessimistic, btw. do you remember the talk a few days back about Atkinson?
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    According to a belgian newspaper this morning, Stéphane Prévot looks like confident he and Atkinson can reach an agreement to run 8 WRC rallies in the C4 next year...would be very fantastic news

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Atkinson as number 1 nominated driver would be a good choise. It would take a lot of points away from Ford.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For this reason Ford must respond to Citroen.Just one question:Why it's difficult for Solberg to drive a focus?What exactly happened in 2000 with Ford??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Solberg was discovered by Malcolm Wilson in 1999, and he promised Solberg many times that he would get a contract. But time after time he did not give it to Pettter. Then in summer 2000 Subaru offered Solberg and the other young hot gun of that time, Markku Martin, an contract for SWRT. So Malcolm was pissed off that the talent he discovered had succes with an other team.

But when Petter became world champion in 2003, Malcolm congratulated him and said something like: "remember were you came from". The peace has been signed between Petter and Malcolm, just as Duval and Malcolm appear to be friends again after Duval had let Malcom down when he went to Citroen in 2004.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I remember when he left Ford back in the day it created a massive sh*t storm eh. Malcolm Wilson said he would never drive for Ford again as long as he was running the operation...not sure what it stemmed from though. I would like to know though.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alleskids
    Solberg was discovered by Malcolm Wilson in 1999, and he promised Solberg many times that he would get a contract. But time after time Wilson did not give it to Pettter. Then in summer 2000 Subaru offered him and the other young hot gun of that time, Markku Martin, an contract for SWRT. So Malcolm was pissed off that the talent he discovered had succes with an other team.

But when Petter became world champion in 2003, Malcom congratulated him and said something like: "remember were you came from". The peace has been signed between Petter and Malcolm, just as Duval and Malcom appear to be friends again after Duval had let Malcom down when he went to Citroen in 2004.
    Ahh so this was the reason. I didn't think it strange when Petter went to SWRT as he was offered a full time drive, it was only later I found out there was some harsh feelings initially when Petter left.
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Generally speaking, do you thing that there is still a realistic chance for Petter to drive for Stobbart?I think that if he joins Ford,he will be a real threat for Citroen.So,Malcolm must do the best for his team forgetting the past...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Henning

Henning Solberg has been given extra time by Rally Ireland to 2nd of January according to VG.no. He is also telling that the choice now is between Peugeot 307 WRC (Bozian Racing) and Ford Focus WRC (M-Sport)..

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eppel
    Henning Solberg has been given extra time by Rally Ireland to 2nd of January according to VG.no. He is also telling that the choice now is between Peugeot 307 WRC (Bozian Racing) and Ford Focus WRC (M-Sport)..

Good...

Seeing the apparently current number of entries in Ireland I couldn't imagine Mosley and FIA not giving him more time anyway