Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Rubens says it's F1 or he'll park it

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x466652...r-hell-park-it

Rubens Barrichello says he’ll retire if he fails to find a ride in Formula One next year. The 36-year-old Brazilian driver dismissed the possibility of a move to the Indy Racing League or any other series.
    “Either I stay in F1 or I won’t race,” Barrichello said late Tuesday.
    Barrichello has competed in the most grands prix (271) of any Formula One driver.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    i think he would have a better chance of winning a race in a Toro Rosso then honda but if he is to goto Toro Rosso that will mean that they will be bringing on a new young driver ? or have redbull droped the young driver program
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am unpleasantly surprised by this. I thought that he'd like to race in the Indy 500 or in the ALMS, like Gil de Ferran.
    Formula 1

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    It would be a damn shame if Rubens has to walk away from F1 now. If that was going to happen it should have done so at his home GP, the final race of the season, when there could have been a proper farewell.

It's strange, but the same kind of thing happened to Patrese after the 1993 Australian GP. The media were focussed on Prost's final race but Riccardo hadn't announced any retirement plans. He simply said "if I get a top team, I drive. If not, I stay at home.”

Perhaps Rubens will be staying at home as well
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope he doesn't - he deserves a proper send-off.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I always liked Rubens. I hope he gets a shot at next year. I believe with a good car he could still bring decent results to the table. He was so overshadowed by the events of 2008 and the crap car didn't help.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Considering he outperformed Button this year, then he should stay at Honda and Button should be the one more wary of his job.

People are always saying "your never too young" which winds me up - because the reverse is also true "your never too old!" but this is never said!
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Considering he outperformed Button this year, then he should stay at Honda and Button should be the one more wary of his job.
    Absolutely.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    I am unpleasantly surprised by this. I thought that he'd like to race in the Indy 500 or in the ALMS, like Gil de Ferran.
    boat
    very few F1 drivers have a interest in going over 200mph next to a cement wall. So not much is left other than AGp1 if they can get a ride. Other than that put on the fenders and stand by!!
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like Rubens, and think he deserves another year.

But its such a risk for Honda. And with such short term benefits, you have to question whether or not its worth while.

They put a rookie or Rubens, there is a risk both will be crap. But if both good, they can have a rookie for several years, with Rubens, it'll only ever be 1 year, 2 at a very big push.