Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Rockingham campaign

In an admittedly poor and unstructured approach to lobby the various motorsport bodies involved in the decisions, I've started this thread, after looking at the BTCC.net circuit guide to see Rockingham denoted with the comment "Layout to be confirmed," with the vague hope that somebody with some clout might read and help assist their decision to keep the chichane in the Rockingham layout this year (off the front straight). It's mega and ranks as one of my all time favourite viewing spots for sights, sound and poo yourself excitment as 20 crazy people try to funnel down one by one. Marvellous!

Reading this paragraph over it sounds like some of the other useless threads that have appeared in the past - "What colour do you think Vauxhall should be this year," and that kind of rubbish - I promise this thread is intended for the prosperity if of touring car fan's every where.

Thank you for your time.
    Everybody, champagne all round! Keep on drinking - especially you. I like it when you\'re drunk...
    Fellow drinker from the furry cup at Brands Hatch 2005

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I dont think it will work, the chichane was why a lot of series didnt come back. However i cant see the harm with the BTCC cars they wont take off like the F3 car did.
    However they have sidelined the chichane in 2006 on saftey grounds and to get people on side. Personally i think only somthing like a personal request from bttc to put it back will change their minds.
    good luck RBR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the chicane has always been one of my main reasons for sitting in the t1 stand...... guaranteed action!!!!!

would the single seaters on the bill be happy with it, probably not.

if the chicane were used for the saloons, would they use the old layout ie rejoining the oval at t3 instead of the new layout which re-joins at t4 exit?

is it practical to use 2 different(road course) configurations on the same day(additional marshals required)?

i wasn't at the gt meeting in late'06 which didn't use the chicane (or the run from t3 through t4) and you don't get the same impression when watching on the box so can't comment on whether the non use of the chicane detracts from the spectacle.
    Hear the thunder, feel the power.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Turn 1 is only blocked off by cones, and what I remember the chicane isn't used on the first lap - lots of cars, little room. If the single seaters didnt want to use it then they dont have to, just put the cones in a different place!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not a 'racing' example but nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdHyC6n4h4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Aaaannnnddddd......unclench
    Everybody, champagne all round! Keep on drinking - especially you. I like it when you\'re drunk...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    and the accident that put many off the turn 1 chicane
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgx0PrnL34U

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whilst that is undoubtedly a terrifying accident, an F3 car (or whatever it was - no roof so not all that bothered!) weighs probably half that of a touring car and many more times the downforce. Can't see it being a possibility that a Super 2000 car would flip like that, rubbish excuse for taking the corner out for GTs or touring cars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Radders
    It's mega and ranks as one of my all time favourite viewing spots for sights, sound and poo yourself excitment as 20 crazy people try to funnel down one by one. Marvellous!
    As somebody who sat on your left while you were pooing yourself with excitment, I second your sentiments

Even if it's just for one race, even one lap, it would make the day worthwhile.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally, I do not want to race through the first chicane, I dont want to be in the Clio pack trying to get through there, its too dangerous.
    04/05 VW Cup Champion, 06 Clio Cup 9th, 07 Clio Cup 11th, 08 Bought a house! 09 G50? Clio?