View Poll Results: Did FIA make the right decision ?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 29.11%
  • No

112 70.89%
Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    Here is what a group of HIGHLY specialized and F1 experts said about the Spa incident. Of course McLaren and Ferrari fans (and everybody else of course) can say whatever they want but we all have to have the honesty and modesty to admit our limitations and to give credit to what the professionals who live - not just talk - F1 every day have to say:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7611152.stm
    Read it. You might learn something.

"they don't have the balls either, that's their problem,"
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    From Webber: "
    "You don't get penalised for overtaking people. Lewis did not get penalised for the move itself. He got penalised for taking an advantage from the previous corner." http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70490

From hamilton:
    "Webber don't have the balls, that his problem"
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    From what I can remember the issue of Lewis cutting the chicane was shown as being investigated by the stewards BEFORE the end of the race. So please can we stick to the facts old bean?
    I remember seeing the notice for the investigation on my TV screen just before I turned off my TV, which was after the podium ceremony.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    Here is what a group of HIGHLY specialized and F1 experts said about the Spa incident. Of course McLaren and Ferrari fans (and everybody else of course) can say whatever they want but we all have to have the honesty and modesty to admit our limitations and to give credit to what the professionals who live - not just talk - F1 every day have to say:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7611152.stm
    Read it. You might learn something.
    Not a surprise for me, anyone with a little racing-experience can see that what Lewis did was wrong and deserved a penalty :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    yeah not a surprise for me either
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on

For those of you obsessed with justifying the stewards and applauding their anal application of the rules, would you also be happy if they applied the rules against Kimi for his off track antics on lap 1 or his forcing Lewis off track?

No, I thought not.
    Sure. Give Kimi a 25 second penalty, too!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Not a surprise for me, anyone with a little racing-experience can see that what Lewis did was wrong and deserved a penalty :

well it still is the very first time in a situation like this..they use "gained an advantage" as a way to give someone a penalty...while there's still nowhere described what exactly "an advantge" means...I keep finding it weird a penalty is based on something that's not clearly described in a rulesbook !

anyway..now they say..the driver cutting a chicane has to give back position and has to wait at least one corner before he can make another pass attempt correct ? so let's go back to Spa..same situation..but a 3th car involved (let's call him Robert for the occasion)...a car....that's also goin way faster than the leadcar and is close behind the 2 fighting for position...so what Lewis should have donne is...give back his position and not make a move on Kimi at La Source...in order to take away the advantage he gained correct ?

Now because of Kimi being slower than lewis and lewis being forced to stay behind the ferrari..and keeping in mind Robert is also goin a lot faster than Kimi..he gets behind lewis and makes a pass on him and eventualy also on the leadcar at la Source...Now I don't know..but would that not mean the rule FIA imposed on lewis disadvantage him towards Robert as he was not allowed to defend his position...because not allowed to pass Kimi himself ?

this is not easy to explain I know..But I hope you somehow get the point on what I am trying to show here ?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyzars
    I think that Massa swapping trophies with Hamilton would be a very sporting gesture and far from silly as you put it.
    Because you know, if the situation was reversed, Ron would run right over and hand deliver the trophy to Ferrari!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    Because you know, if the situation was reversed, Ron would run right over and hand deliver the trophy to Ferrari!
    Anyone remember this:

Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Anyone remember this:

Sure, but Ron was "only" giving it to Fisi in a Jordan. Imagine if he had to give it to MS and Ferrari!