View Poll Results: Did FIA make the right decision ?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 29.11%
  • No

112 70.89%
Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you can't see this as blatant pro-Ferrari bias by the FIA, then you must be so blind that Jesus couldn't cure you.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    And here are two frames from said video:
    Before the Bus Stop -

And going into La Source -

In both cases Raikkonen is ahead of Hamilton... now where's the advantage? I would have thought that if you were behind someone then the advantage rests with them.

How far should Hamilton have stayed behind? 3 seconds? 5 minutes? Since people are very quick to decide these things perhaps they could enlighten me as to how the Scarlett Ferrari is in front of the Silver Ferrari in this photo if Hamilton gained an advantage by being behind him... hmm.

According to what I read on some other web sites (not the actual FIA official web site), the rule states that LH should have waited at least to the next curve before trying to pass. In this case, as you can see on the pictures, he took advantage of the drag force originating from Kimi's car giving him an unfair advantage.I am not aware about what the rules precisely say but, IMO, if the judges (plural) decided to penalize LH the evidence against him must be pretty strong.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Hamilton shouldn't have been stripped of the win because the McLaren shouldn't have been allowed to compete.
    So ban McLaren from the sport?

Knowing you to be a man of logic, you were in favor of Michael Schumacher being banned after his 1997 exclusion?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    And here are two frames from said video:
    Before the Bus Stop -

And going into La Source -

In both cases Raikkonen is ahead of Hamilton... now where's the advantage? I would have thought that if you were behind someone then the advantage rests with them.

How far should Hamilton have stayed behind? 3 seconds? 5 minutes? Since people are very quick to decide these things perhaps they could enlighten me as to how the Scarlett Ferrari is in front of the Silver Ferrari in this photo if Hamilton gained an advantage by being behind him... hmm.
    Good choice of screen caps... How long was Hamilton behind Kimi?

I just watched that youtube vid a few times, and a replay of the incident on wind tunnel (recorded it this time) and now I'm scratching my head? How can anyone suggest that penalty wasn't deserved?!? Sure Hamilton got behind Kimi, but that was clearly to position himself on the inside for the next corner, not because on the short cut he took seconds before, I would describe the 2 cars exit of the cut chicane as a drag race. Thats why Hams got a penalty, thats why an appeal would fail, there is no clear intent on hamiltons part to concede the position, re watch the vids, its pretty clear. And while maybe there was intent to let him by, it doesn't show...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Where does the 25 sec penalty come from? Who dreamt the penalty up? Why not a fine? Questions, questions?
    The 25 seconds come from the drive through penalty that's applied for such incidents. Since there was not enough time to actually do that, then the 25 sec. were applied as a penalty instead. That's s why.

Liked 1,106 Times in 615 Posts
    Watching the race again it does look like Lewis was so close to Kimi that he had to short-cut the chicane. BUT, why the stewards made their decision is anyone's guess.

Remember what I always say - the Race Stewards are inconsistent and will stay inconsistent until someone more powerful than the fans speaks out against them.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    So basically, with the FIA, justice is not blind? With the FIA, there are different rules for different people and different teams? Basically the FIA is nothing more than a clan of favorites players?
    Well not exactly, MacLeran/Ron Dennis just doesn't have the credibilty they once had. So when Ron says that Hamilton dropped off the throttle to let Kimi get ahead because of the cut chicane, and the video suggests maybe he let off to get to the inside of the track for the next corner... after the lying last year its hard to believe...

But a team can clean up that image MacLeran has developed last year, Honda isn't being criticised as much over their funky gas tanks, and less then honest aproach when they where questioned about it... So maybe if MacLeran can learn to keep their noses clean, then and not get into scenario's where people can question their honesty then eventually they might be trusted again too...

You're saying that the one sport that I have religiously followed for most of my time on this planet is nothing more than a rigged scam? Well, thanks a lot. Why not just tell me that Santa is some old perv in a red suit?
    Um, I know he hasn't posted in a while (since BMW fully took over Sauber?) but I'm sure he's not a perv in a red suit...

Eh, don't worry about it. I had my doubts about Santa anyway. But what's sad is that you don't seem to see anything wrong with the premise that the FIA is nothing more than a gang of small time thugs that take revenge based on the past. Interesting. Sad, but interesting.
    I find it interesting after all the lies coming from Ron Dennis/MacLeran last year, that we can take the "Hamilton slowed down to let Kimi ahead" statement at face value...

Fact they dragged raced after the chicane, and Hamilton conceded the position to be on the inside for the next corner is how it appears on replays.
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Not having watched the race, nor the incident (since I had to go shopping), I will wait until the final definitive assessment from ioan before accepting what the correct decision should have been.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's interesting to see how everyone is blasting everything and everyone around here but yet we dont know what the regulations say in this regard, That should be our first step. Once we read it then we can start insulting each other. Without that knowledge though, everything else seems to be just an hysterical mayhem.

Liked 42 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    I am not aware about what the rules precisely say but, IMO, if the judges (plural) decided to penalize LH the evidence against him must be pretty strong.
    For me its not about whether the driver is in the right or the wrong, I believe that the stewards are wrong to change a race result. Does this mean that if Lewis had spun into a wall he would incur no penalty for the alleged indiscretion?

If the stewards had made a prompt decision and issued a drive through penalty DURING THE RACE then the merits of that decision could be argued. To allow the trophies to be presented, and the winning driver to crack the champagne, is unforgivable in my opinion. We must always remember that this is a sport and that a young driver has had a race win taken off him. In my opinion if a penalty decision is reached after the presentation of the trophies then apply the penalty to the next race.

What about the punters who backed Massa and tore up their tickets? There are very large sums of money being wagered on F1 and the racing stewardship, and conduct of F1 events, must be seen to be consistent and predictable and beyond reproach.

I think they announced during the race that the KR and LH incident was being investigated - how long does it take to make a decision???

If they delayed the trophy presentation then so be it but under no circumstance should a race result be changed once the world has been given the impression that the result has been finalised..

I'm a Ferrari fan and believe that this decision is a bad one on many levels but that's just my opinion of course.